Options

classic italy sept. 13th tour

our first time to Italy!! can't wait any suggestions? arriving a day early, suggestions for that day??

Comments

• Options
    Many seem to go to Capri. I am on the Sept. 4th tour and hope to go to Naples to go to the museum that has the artifacts from Pompeii.
  • Options
    Hi,

We were on this tour in May of 2010 and it was wonderful.

Since our luggage was lost, we had to spend time shopping for clothes on our extra day, so we didn't stay in Naples. We discovered a Flea Market that comes to Sorrento once a week. We were the only tourists there and we enjoyed mingling with the residents. We did recover our luggage, before we left Sorrento.

We had time on the first day of the tour to visit Capri and still be back for the Welcome Dinner. The boat to Capri leaves from the hotel that we stayed at, which I believe is the same one for you, and we hired a taxi after we arrived there. Although Capri is somewhat touristy, we had a very nice time there.

If you are interested, I made a slide show of the trip. It is posted at http://www.photodex.com/share/yelblvd

You will probably be asked to download a "Presenter" program in order to watch it. It only takes a few seconds to download and is very safe. My Photo class downloaded it without problems and you will see that the Slide Program has been viewed 825 times and I haven't heard of anyone having any security problems with it. Actually the Website is part of my Phodex software. Be sure to leave you sound on.

Whatever you do, you will have a wonderful trip. We are going to take our 12th trip with Tauck in September and although all of them have been wonderful, Classic Italy was one of our favorites.

Enjoy!

Bev
  • Options
    byelen wrote:
    Hi,

We were on this tour in May of 2010 and it was wonderful.

Since our luggage was lost, we had to spend time shopping for clothes on our extra day, so we didn't stay in Naples. We discovered a Flea Market that comes to Sorrento once a week. We were the only tourists there and we enjoyed mingling with the residents. We did recover our luggage, before we left Sorrento.

We had time on the first day of the tour to visit Capri and still be back for the Welcome Dinner. The boat to Capri leaves from the hotel that we stayed at, which I believe is the same one for you, and we hired a taxi after we arrived there. Although Capri is somewhat touristy, we had a very nice time there.

If you are interested, I made a slide show of the trip. It is posted at http://www.photodex.com/share/yelblvd

You will probably be asked to download a "Presenter" program in order to watch it. It only takes a few seconds to download and is very safe. My Photo class downloaded it without problems and you will see that the Slide Program has been viewed 825 times and I haven't heard of anyone having any security problems with it. Actually the Website is part of my Phodex software. Be sure to leave you sound on.

Whatever you do, you will have a wonderful trip. We are going to take our 12th trip with Tauck in September and although all of them have been wonderful, Classic Italy was one of our favorites.

Enjoy!

Bev

It looks great. I can't wait. I leave for the 9/4 trip on 9/1.
  • Options
    thanks for the help. has anyone been on this trip was wondering do we go to a church everyday. was wondering about shoulders and knees!!
  • Options
    Hi There,

We do not go to a church everyday, there are scheduled visits on Days 4,6, and 7. That being said there are so many wonderful and beautiful churches around Italy so it’s quite tempting to enter some churches for their impressive architecture, frescoes, and paintings on days where church visits aren't scheduled

Hope this helps,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.