Options

SICILY, THE AMALFI COAST & ROME NORTHBOUND ON LE PONANT

Anyone going or have gone on this trip on the Le Ponant? We live in Texas, so it's hard to imagine what to wear at temperatures less than 100 degrees in September. We'll be on the Sept 21st. sailing.

Comments

• Options
    We did this northbound trip 4 or 5 years ago. Temps were generally in the low 80s and cooler at night. Enjoy as this is a very good journey.
  • Options
    We were on this trip September of last year - Malta was very warm - I would bring a wide brimmed hat and be prepared to buy extra bottled water while at the hotel there - the water is not safe to drink. Further northward, the temperatures were pleasant.

As an aside, Le Ponant does not have stabilizers, so you may want to bring something for motion sickness in case of bad weather, which we did encounter, - hours of rocking and rolling.

Otherwise, a nice trip with wonderful TDs, so here's to a wonderful journey and marvelous weather for you.
  • Options
    Thanks so much for this information. I didn't think about the water in Malta as being questionable. So, thanks for the heads up. We love to sail but have but have taken precautions to get the motion sickness patch from our doctor. Just in case! I plan to put it on early because I understand the waters around Malta can get a little choppy.

We're arriving a day early in Malta and staying a day later in Rome. Any suggestions on what to see and where to eat?

Very excited about seeing southern Italy this way.

Susanna

• Options
    This beautiful little church is within walking distance of the hotel in Rome. We enjoyed the walk - get directions on line or from the hotel. It has a very unassuming entrance which is part of the charm. You can also research it on Trip Advisor.

We had dinner that evening at Ristorante Tullio with some new friends from our journey - a recommendation from the hotel. Very nice.

Happy travels.

Santa Prassede - Rome, Italy - Sacred Destinations
    www.sacred-destinations.com/italy/rome-santa-prassede Cached
    A hidden gem just steps away from Santa Maria Maggiore in Rome, Santa Prassede is a 9th-century basilica with glorious Byzantine mosaics in the apse and filling a ...
This discussion has been closed.