When do we get to Machu Picchu?

My wife and I are seriously considering this tour next year. We've been told by friends who have already visited Machu Picchu that you want to be there in the morning and in the evening. They stayed at the Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge, and said that you really cannot be at the site early or late unless you stay there. However, they also said the accommodations were anything but luxurious. On your tour, when do we arrive at the archeological site?

Comments

• We arrived after lunch around 1pm. We had plenty of time and a guide with us at all times. The Inkaterra Lodge, where we stayed, was a lovely, luxurious hotel. I would highly recommend this tour, our family had a wonderful experience.
  • Ron Lyster wrote:
    My wife and I are seriously considering this tour next year. We've been told by friends who have already visited Machu Picchu that you want to be there in the morning and in the evening. They stayed at the Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge, and said that you really cannot be at the site early or late unless you stay there. However, they also said the accommodations were anything but luxurious. On your tour, when do we arrive at the archeological site?

Hello Ron,

This forum is for the Bridges tour (Family Travel), is this the itinerary you are looking for? We have another product called the Empire of the Incas: Peru & Bolivia that includes a more comprehensive tour for Machu Picchu. On this tour we provide a 5am guided sunrise tour of Machu Picchu on one day and we also spend an afternoon at Machu Picchu another. Here is a link for that itinerary: http://www.tauck.com/tours/latin-america-travel/South-America-Travel/peru-tour-pb-2014.aspx

Hope this helps,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.