Options

Voltage Adapter(s) for China and Hong Kong

I had seen a posting several months ago regarding this topic. The Moderator responded with a link to voltagevalet.com, but that site lists 4 adapters, B,C, & D (China) and E (Hong Kong).

So....just wondering if I need to bring 4 adapters OR if the hotels supply them.

When we went to India, I purchased the adapter listed on voltagevalet and lo and behold, it was wrong! Luckily, all the hotels supplied them.

We leave in a few days, so a quick response would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    I recently returned from this trip. This is a great trip! The adapter appropriate for China is the Type C. For Hong Kong it is the type D. In the hotels used by Tauck you will find some wall sockets that will accept the standard American plugs as well as the Type C or D plugs. We discovered that the top of the desk in at least some of the rooms had a movable panel concealing additional plug outlets, so look for that. I would suggest that you take a couple of appropriate adapters but that should be plenty. One last suggestion, my wife found a small 3 outlet power strip that works on 220 which will increase availability for plugins when hotel outlets are already in use. Enjoy your trip.
This discussion has been closed.