Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand - February 10, 2014

Hi,
It's early I know but let me throw this out there. We, a well traveled, retired New York couple are arriving in Hanoi on the evening of February 7th. and staying at the Tauck hotel. We are thinking of taking a day trip to HaLong Bay on February 9th as everyone seems to recommend it. I am not sure of the weather ( possibly cool and rainy/foggy).

I have read where one can secure a car and driver and make arrangements for a boat from the hotel. Of course prices are less with more folks joining the group. Anyone interested?

You can respond here or off- line to my email - oconnog@verizon.net.

Looking forward to hearing from fellow travelers.

Gerry

Comments

• Hi Gerry,

My Mother (Tampa, FL) and I (Seattle, WA) will be on this tour with you! We arrive the 6th of February in Hanoi (staying at the Sofitel) and leaving the morning of the 7th for Halong Bay 2 night cruise tour. We will be back at the Sofitel on the 9th and thinking of doing a walking food tour the night before or the day of the start of the Tauck portion.

We are so excited about this trip and have been planning for months. We are just starting to get all of our visa information together as it is still too early to apply.

We do have a driver booked to get to Halong Bay and back but it doesn't coincide with your preferred departure. I do look forward to meeting you and of course hope that more folks from our tour join the conversation!

All my best,
    Laura
This discussion has been closed.