Attire

Just wondering: Are hiking boots/shoes recommended or will sneakere be good enough? My tour is early August. Thanks,

Lois
Sturbridge, MA

Comments

• Hi Lois!

A good pair of sneakers, designed for walking, should be sufficient for the hiking portions of the trip. You're welcome to bring hiking boots if you choose to, of course. Either way, it's best if they're broken in before the tour — you don't want blisters, I'm sure!

Hope this helps!
  • What are the clothes every one brings for evenings on the ship? How formal is the dress code? Nice slacks..?
  • I read Tux to jacket with tie for men. Women: formal to dressy pant suit for women. My husband is thinking about renting a tux on board so he doesn't have to pack a suit and dress shoes
  • When I did this tour a few years ago, I saw all kinds of dress for the evening. On the formal nights some people did wear tuxes and gowns while others just had resort casual. If you didn't want to dress formally at all, you could eat in the buffet on the formal nights. The people who were on the tour did not bring a tux and gown with them.

Also hiking boots were not necessary. I just wore either sneakers or my Rockport walking shoes.
  • LoBos wrote:
    Just wondering: Are hiking boots/shoes recommended or will sneakere be good enough? My tour is early August. Thanks,

Lois
    Sturbridge, MA

Sneakers are definitely fine, but I would recommend ones with Goretex if you can find them. I purchased Brooks running shoes with Goretex, and they were great. My feet didn't get wet in all the rain. Walking on uneven ground made athletic shoes a good choice for this tour. There were opportunities to take hikes in more rugged terrain (such as when we were in Ketchikan), but this is totally optional.
This discussion has been closed.