Weather and packing

We are cruising in August. Any suggestions on temperature and what to pack?
We are from Florida.

Comments

• We will be doing this trip middle of September so I can't help you with what to pack but hopefully you can help me when you return. I would appreciate any tips you can give me when you return. We did our first small riverboat cruise when we went to China last year and really enjoyed it. This will be our 11th Tauck tour but our 1st official riverboat cruise. Please if you can find the time when you return to post something or send me an e-mail direct at orrf68@verizon.net I would greatly appreciate it.
  • Mel,
    Thanks for posting. I will certainly try to let you know about the riverboat cruise. This will be our 1st trip with Taulk. We fly from Nice to Zurich and then get on the riverboat MS Treasures that will sail from Basel to Amsterdam. We will not be home until Sept 6, but I will try to email or post while we are sailing on this trip. We have done a riverboat cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam. We loved it and this is why we are going again.
    Lesli
  • Jaxnana,
    I don't know if you got the most recent e-mail from Tauck but from what I gather the boat we will be on is a brand new boat and this trip will be her fist trip out. By the way is your sign in indicative of being Jacks nana-- only ask because my grandsons name is Jack and I am Nana Mel
  • Mel,
    We are home and had a wonderful cruise from Basel to Amsterdam. The MS Treasures was exactly like the MS Emerald, except it was brand new and the color/decorations are different. We had a suite and they were exactly the same. There was an iron and ironing board in our closet. The MS Treasures does have one receptacle for a 110 volt. This means you may not need an adapter. I had adapters with me so when I charged my ipad/iphone I used the 110 receptacle and when I charged my battery for my camera I used the adapter in the 220 outlet. They did say they prefer you use the hair dryer available in the room. I used my flat iron with the adapter and 220 plug. The internet wifi connection was pretty good. You need to get a user name and password at the reception desk. There are 2 computers available on board for your use. I never used them, as I took my ipad with me and used that. There were times when the internet would not work or worked intermittently, but I was able to get on every day at least twice. The tour is quite active, but you can always stay on board or do your own thing at the ports. We were blessed with wonderful weather! It was cool, but a sweater/windbreaker or both was enough. One day I wore shorts. That was in Bonn where the temperature was 82. The A/C on the MS Treasures works really well.
    There is a hot tub/spa on the top deck, so bring your bathing suit. The staff onboard is very friendly and accommodating. Let me know what you would like to know about the trip and I will be glad to try to answer. By the way, my name is Jaxnana because I live and Jacksonville and am a nana to 4 wonderful grandchildren. Lesli
  • mel wrote:
    We will be doing this trip middle of September so I can't help you with what to pack but hopefully you can help me when you return. I would appreciate any tips you can give me when you return. We did our first small riverboat cruise when we went to China last year and really enjoyed it. This will be our 11th Tauck tour but our 1st official riverboat cruise. Please if you can find the time when you return to post something or send me an e-mail direct at orrf68@verizon.net I would greatly appreciate it.

Mel-

We are taking this trip in Sept 2012. Any comments about weather and things to be sure we look into?

Frank
This discussion has been closed.