Options

Machu Picchu Buses

We are on the 9/16 trip this year. We have reservations to stay at the Sanctuary Lodge on 9/21 rather than The Inkaterra. I understand we are on our own to get down from Machu Picchu to rejoin the Tour on 9/22. I understand the Bus is the only way up or down the mtn. My question is how difficult is it to get a bus. I expect crowds will be large, so how do you get space? Do they take reservations? What arrangements do we need to make? Thank You

Comments

• Options
    hi,

It's actually a public bus, that goes from town to right in front of the sanctuary lodge. The buses run very often during the day. Seating on the bus is first come first serve. Once you get to town you can walk to the train station, which I'm guessing it's your meeting place with the rest of the Tauck group. I just looked at the daily schedule that we got from the tour director and the next day, after Machu Pichu main tour, we all met as a group and took the 1:10pm train to head back to Ollantaytambo, where a bus was waiting for us to head to Cusco (long drive with curvy roads) But exact times varies as schedules can change. I'm just sharing the schedule that we got for the same Tauck tour that we did in May. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thank you for your help! Did you enjoy the tour? Any hints for us? Appreciate any tips on thing we should "look out for".
  • Options
    Hi,

Yes, I really did! I wrote a list of things that I'm glad we did under the topic "Planning to book trip for Nov 2012" in this same forum. Also, you may want to check out the other questions on this forum because I think I posted an answer for most of them. This specific tour is new for this year and we went on the second one back in May. I think I'm making up for not being able to find any answers before I went on this tour (so I figured it would be nice to provide answers for others).
This discussion has been closed.