Welcome to Tauck’s London and Paris Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s London and Paris Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Hi,

We're on this tour for July 10th. Anyone else out there?

Sheila
  • Nope - we'll just miss you, as we are on July 3-10. Have great Tauck fun!
  • Hi Sheila:

My husband and I will be on the trip of London and Paris on July 10. We are from North Carolina and are both seniors(but not old). We will look forward to meeting you. Ian and Marilyn
  • Hi Marilyn,

Looking forward to meeting you both. Are you going in earlier to London? We will be there one day earlier than the tour starts since we have a long way to go from California.

Sheila
  • Hi Trich32,

Enjoy your Tauck Tour!!

Sheila
  • Anyone going April 29th? We have two extra days in Paris. Suggestions for restaurants?
  • Ask the Concierge at the hotel. The Paris restaurants are very very expensive. I found a very good cafe about a block from the hotel where we ate on Sunday night before we left for home on Monday which wasn't pricy. I'll try to find the name of it. The InterContinental has a wonderful restaurant where you will be having breakfast. We only wanted a bowl of French Onion Soup the last night and they suggested that we eat in the lounge (lobby bar). They don't do ala carte meals in the restaurant. It was 35 Euros for each bowl so we tried this little cafe. The American dollar is a lot stronger right now so the prices won't be as high now. We went to Starbucks a block away to use their Wi-Fi for my ipad. The hotel wanted about 25 Euros for it.

Have a great time. We loved this tour. It was number 17 with Tauck.

Sheila
  • Does anyone know the best way to get tickets to tour the Eiffel tower since Tauck does not provide a tour of this attraction? I'm on the May 13th London/Paris tour.
  • The Concierge at the hotel can get you tickets. My DH took our granddaughter to the Eiffel Tower on the last morning (Sunday) since we stayed over an extra day. There is a tour of the Opera House (across from the hotel) in English on Sunday mornings. It was great. I had already visited the Eiffel Tower twice before and really enjoyed the Opera House. He didn't need advance tickets for the Eiffel Tower since Sunday mornings are not as busy. If you get a chance to visit the Opera House, please do so as it is beautiful and so close to the hotel.

Sheila
This discussion has been closed.