Welcome to Tauck’s The Ultimate Alps & Dolomites Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s The Ultimate Alps & Dolomites Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• How to decide between the Ultimate Alps & Dolomites tour and the Switzerland tour??? Has anyone traveled the itineraries (perhaps with the Alpine Interlude tour) to help us make a decision.
  • We booked this tour last week because it has almost everything we were looking to do in the Bavaria region with a taste of Italy and Switzerland. Three nights in Salzburg sealed the deal. Since Bavaria was our first priority it works for us. We have been looking for a tour like this one for quite a while and while it does not have everything we were looking for it is darn close. Additionally, we are independent travelers but have been curious about Tauck because of the rave reviews they receive. I guess we will find out if their reputation is well deserved next year.
  • nexttrip wrote:
    We booked this tour last week because it has almost everything we were looking to do in the Bavaria region with a taste of Italy and Switzerland. Three nights in Salzburg sealed the deal. Since Bavaria was our first priority it works for us. We have been looking for a tour like this one for quite a while and while it does not have everything we were looking for it is darn close. Additionally, we are independent travelers but have been curious about Tauck because of the rave reviews they receive. I guess we will find out if their reputation is well deserved next year.

We were going to book the Alpine Interlude trip for our 45th anniversary next year but this trip has taken it's place. We are still debating because they eliminated some stops in Switzerland and Austria, especially Vienna, that we really wanted to see. That aside, I can tell you that based on our experience on the Romantic Germany tour a few years ago, you'll not be disappointed traveling with Tauck. We could go with another company and get a tour with the places that this new tour has eliminated but we would not have the quality of tour director, hotels, coaches, driver, etc.....but we really want what will probably be our last trip to Europe to be with Tauck, so we are still seriously considering it.
  • wundernkc wrote:
    We were going to book the Alpine Interlude trip for our 45th anniversary next year but this trip has taken it's place. We are still debating because they eliminated some stops in Switzerland and Austria, especially Vienna, that we really wanted to see. That aside, I can tell you that based on our experience on the Romantic Germany tour a few years ago, you'll not be disappointed traveling with Tauck. We could go with another company and get a tour with the places that this new tour has eliminated but we would not have the quality of tour director, hotels, coaches, driver, etc.....but we really want what will probably be our last trip to Europe to be with Tauck, so we are still seriously considering it.

Agree with you about Vienna, that would have been icing on the cake, but the Dolomites and some of the Bavarian highlights made up for it. The dealbreaker for us was almost the time allocated to Liechtenstein. I am sure the visit will be pleasant but it almost seems like they added it in just to add a country. With so many other beautiful and romantic choices in the area they could have made why they chose Liechenstein is beyond me. I assume it is due to travel logistics but I have no clue. By the way, what we are doing is renting a car after our tour and traveling south through the Lower Engadin to visit Lake Maggiore and Lake Como. This is part of our 25th Anniversary celebration and my wife is keen on seeing the beautiful Villas/Gardens in that region.
This discussion has been closed.