China, Yangtze River & Hong Kong, Westbound

Anyone going on the Westbound China trip in October? Curious about luggage and clothing...

Comments

• We took same trip on 10/24/10. Casual clothing is fine during the day; however, I did put a nice outfit on for dinner in the deluxe hotels.

We FROZE at the Great Wall near Beijing. Coats, gloves, scarves, and hats were definitely needed. Watch, you'll bring coats and probably have a hot wave! All the other cities and towns were quite comfortable.
  • Can anyone tell me how difficult boarding the river cruise ship and exiting off of it is during the China and the Yangtzee cruise tour? One of my friends is overweight and has been told that you have to walk 50 to 150 steps up and over cobblestone streets plus disembark onto a pontoon bridge with no handrails. Is this accurate? Thanks.
  • On westbound trip starting Oct. 25. Anyone have sightseeing suggestions in Hong Kong that are not on Tauck itinery. Arrive a day early and looking for good recommendations as well as a good dim sum restaurant close to hotel. Thanks!
  • scalter wrote:
    On westbound trip starting Oct. 25. Anyone have sightseeing suggestions in Hong Kong that are not on Tauck itinery. Arrive a day early and looking for good recommendations as well as a good dim sum restaurant close to hotel. Thanks!
  • suzy wrote:
    Did you look at Hong Kong Tourist Board www.discoverhongkong.com. Also read about Luk Yu Tea House- order bar gow (shrimp dumplings or char stu bao (barbeque pork buns) They have an English menu.
    Bakery Tai Cheung, a closet sized bakery that serves a sweet dan-taat (egg custard tart).
This discussion has been closed.