Options

Welcome to Tauck’s The Rhine and Moselle Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s The Rhine and Moselle Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Options
    I will be on the Aug 13th trip. When we dock in Koblenz do we have free time to see any of the city? Thanks Joel
  • Options
    Hi Joel,

We took this very nice river boat cruise on the Rhine/Moselle Rivers from Basel to Amsterdam last July and I remember docking at night in Koblenz after a very busy day sightseeing. I looked at the brochure and remember we took a walk around the area near the dock. There were lots of closed shops while we walked. I looked at our photos and saw six of us posed in front of an interesting statute. I doubt this is what you meant by "seeing some of the city". Call Tauck and question them.

Sheila
  • Options
    Hi Joel, Scorpio,

That's correct; you dock in Koblenz at 9:30 PM on the fourth day of your tour, and depart at 6:45 AM the next morning. I'm afraid it doesn't sound like you'll have much time to see Koblenz, but perhaps you can squeeze something in.

-Tim
  • Options
    We enjoyed this cruise in 2009. Depending upon when and where the captain can dock, you should be able to take a walk along the Moselle to the confluence of the Moselle and Rhine rivers. There you will see the statue of Emperor William I on horseback. It is a nice little walk through a park area. Bring your camera, and a tripod if you have one, to take a picture of the statue. We did not have any time to go into the city.
This discussion has been closed.