Options

October Portrait of India Tour

Hi all, I'm leaving on the October tour of Portrait of India. Does anybody who has taken this tour have any suggestions, i.e. required vaccinations, etc. I'm getting excited about going and would appreciate any in-put from you. Thanks, Del

Comments

• Options
    You will need to be up to date on quite a few vaccinations, plus you may want to take malaria pills. Go to a travel clinic and you may also need a visa to enter India. Check with your travel agent about the visa.
  • Options
    Hi!
    My wife and I are on the 21 October 18 day trip from the UK.
    In fact we arrive at the start hotel on 20th so shall have a day to relax. This is our 4th Tauck tour and we always remember the first Tour Director telling us that "this is a tour not a vacation", so hopefully we shall be in best condition for whatever they throw at us.
    We have been to our doctor already and got our jabs updated, also got supplies of anti-malarial pills and tummy upset potions.

Richard
  • Options
    Hi all,

We are booked on this wonderful tour next March and would appreciate any info you would like to post after your return. We took pro-biotics (acidophilus capsules) with every meal for weeks before our Egypt/Jordan tour and also with meals on our tour. We were practically the only ones who did NOT have mummy tummy. I also used an old Peace Corps remedy which was to chew one pepto-bismol tablet with every meal while we are on tour. There is different bacteria in the food in other countries and your stomach needs all the help you can give it.

Happy traveling.

Sheila
This discussion has been closed.