Egypt

any Tauck travelers in Cairo now? i am scheduled for Oct 22 trip and i am nervous about the trip!

Comments

• We got home from this trip on Saturday. It was wonderrful. I've been in touch with our wonderful tour guide, Matt, who has a group in Cairo now. Egypt is trying so hard to get the tourists to come back. It's a shame there is this new uprising, but I still wouldn't hesitate to go.
  • Hi. My husband and I will be on the same trip October 22 arriving two days before. We are really looking foreward to seeing
    Egypt. Our first trip had been canceled in March.
    We are planning to go to Cairo Museum before the trip starts.
    Hope it will be a little cooler.
  • Hi Crown,

Are you staying at the Mena House the two days earlier? If so, you better check with the Concierge as to the safety of going to the museum alone. We went there with Tauck and ALWAYS had an armed guard with us two years ago. The Mena House is over an hour's ride to the museum where a lot of the disturbances are right now. Call Tauck before you go and make sure of all these details. The Mena House is located out by the Pyramids and you will have a view of the Pyramids from your balcony. It used to be the King's Hunting Lodge. Be sure to check out all the public rooms and see the woodwork. It was fab.

Sheila
This discussion has been closed.