Volcanic activity

My husband met someone whose flight to Argentina TODAY was canceled because of volcanic activity. He is trying to get on tomorrow's flight. We are leaving Monday night for The Essence of South America and we are very concerned how the volcanic activity will impact our trip. I do not want to spend hours and hours on a bus because the planes won't fly or to go to an area which is covered in ash and where it is hard to breath. I'm also concerned about whether our flight to Santiago will be flying at all. I'm continuing to pack and realize that last minute decisions may have to be made, but I can't remain endlessly in South America if the airports close. Is someone at Tauck monitoring this carefully and can we expect any communication from them?

Comments

• I am on a trip a couple of days ahead of you & got notice that one of the short hop flights was being changed a bit due to ash. Instead of flying all the way to Buenos Aires we'll bus for about 6 hours and then catch a flight. The bus ride gives more time seeing the countryside and perhaps even a view of the volcano. Since Mother Nature operates on her own schedule, you may just need to go with the flow on this - no pun intended:) Have a great trip, either way.
  • As long as I "flow" home on schedule, I'm fine!! We have several friends who were stuck in Europe for weeks when the Icelandic volcano erupted and it does concern me.

Have a wonderful trip as well!
This discussion has been closed.