Options

Solo traveler interested in finding a female roomate for 18 day Portrait to India...

Hi-- I am traveling solo and considering the 18 day Portrait to India trip if I can find a female who wants to share a room. I could take the trip in February or March 2012, although the dates appear to be filling up fast. Anyone interested in pursuing the idea? Thanks! Lisa

Comments

• Options
    Hi, It's too bad you're traveling in 2012. I am a single traveler, mid 50's who will be traveling on this trip in Feb 2013, that's my idea so far. My husband of 32 years has no interest so I will go by myself. Just for information. Have you traveled on a group tour before as a single? I was wondering what the feeling is being a single in a group setting. Thanks.
  • Options
    We are booked for this tour on March 2, 2012 and I'm quite sure there will be singles among the group on this trip. It's a shame more people don't post on this Forum so you could find someone to share the room. This is a very expensive tour. We have been on over 17 Tauck Tours and single travelers are welcomed the same as couples on these tours. Tauck attracts an upscale, well traveled and educated clientele. Just keep posting here and on Tauck's Facebook page and maybe you can find someone to join you.

Sheila
  • Options
    Hi Jba-- actually I am also considering the IndoChina tour for 2012... so if I end up doing that one, I would consider doing the India one in 2013 because I really want to go to India and I like that tour because it covers the whole country. You can email me direct at Lmgauff@aol.com if you have any questions or for future travel- thanks!
  • Options
    I am also a single traveler that would love a roommate on several Tauck tours! Unfortunately, I was actually looking at the trip to China instead of India next year and wishing that I had a roommate. Because of the increase from double to single, I am glad that there are other people willing to search for a roommate in the forums. Please keep us updated on your search. A little collaboration goes a long way!
  • Options
    Lisa,
    Still considering the 18 day Portrait to India trip and need a female who wants to share a room? I can take the trip in March 2012.
    Cathy
    cfiore@roadrunner.com
  • Options
    Hi, I am not going to India. But I did go solo to
    China. I had the best time and was well taken care of.
    So just go for it.
  • Options
    Lmgauff wrote:
    Hi-- I am traveling solo and considering the 18 day Portrait to India trip if I can find a female who wants to share a room. I could take the trip in February or March 2012, although the dates appear to be filling up fast. Anyone interested in pursuing the idea? Thanks! Lisa
  • Options
    LyndaLTC wrote:
    Hi Lisa,
    I am traveling solo on the January 4th, 2013 Portrait to India trip and although I am not looking to share a room,
    there are other "singles" on this trip and you will feel totally comfortable. This is my third Tauck trip and I've have
    had wonderful trips, and now have friends who travel w/Tauck this way. I am arriving early on January 3rd
    and would like to share a car/driver on the afternoon for the 3rd and all day on the 4th if anyone ( single or couple )
    is interested in sightseeing with me ( there are some interesting sights that Tauck does not have time to cover ).
    Arrangments can be made from the hotel, and are not expensive.
    I can be reached directly at LMaer@ft.newyorklife.com. Lynda
  • Options
    I will be on the Feb 22 trip and going a day early and was wondering what you were planning to see that the tour doesn't include? Don't want to miss anything! ;) Have a wonderful time!
This discussion has been closed.