Options

Snowmobile Monday January 30 @ Snow Lodge

I would like to receive information regarding arrangements for a snowmobile on the above date:[1/30/12]
a] I want a half day or less rental, on my own preferably or a tour
b] Cost
c] how do I reserve it?

We are on the Wonderland: Yellowstone in Winter Culturious tour 1/26-2/3/12
Thanks for a timely reply- russ8365@yahoo.com

Comments

• Options
    If you look on line for Yellowstone Snow there is not enough for the snow coaches or snowmobiles as of today! It has really caused a problem for people wanted to snowmobile and tour the Winter Wonderland?
  • Options
    Hi everyone,

Normally, there are 10 snowmobiles available for rental per day (each carries two) at the Snow Lodge. They only offer a full day rental.
    For our groups' free days at the Snow Lodge, they have made a special arrangement to provide half-day rentals — thus increasing the availability to 20 snowmobiles (and 40 people) per day on Jan 11th, for people whose tour starts on Jan 6th, and Jan 12th, for people whose tour starts on Jan 8th.

You can either reserve in advance, or when you are in the park. Snowmobiles are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. All snowmobile rentals go as a group with a guide. Snowmobile suits, boots, and helmet are included in the rental cost.

Best,
    Tim
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    I am scheduled to go on the Yellowstone tour on 7 Feb 2012 with our "free day" at the Snow Lodge on Sat., 11 Feb. I just spoke with the Yellowstone winter reservations people and was advised that there will not be any snowmobiles available on Sat., 11 Feb, as all of them are already promised to another package/group tour on that date. I was hoping to reserve a snowmobile as it would have been a first-time event for me. Just wanted to let other folks know who might also have planned to reserve a snowmobile during the tour on 11 Feb.

In order to experience a snowmobile excursion, I decided to forego the "Snowshoe Trek in Jackson Hole" on Day 8/14 Feb., and instead to go on a snowmobile tour from Jackson Hole to Yellowstone and return (o/a 6:15 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.). I contacted the concierge (Tim) at The Wort Hotel and he made the arrangements. If anyone else might be interested in doing the same, Tim advised that he could do the same for others. :-)
This discussion has been closed.