Alpine Adventure

My Granddaughter and I will be on the June 17th tour. Any help with clothes would be appreciated, all comments wil be welcomed. Many Thanks DPL

Comments

• We will also be on the June 17th tour. I was told by someone who took the tour last year that layers with windbreaker, fleece, sweatshirt (with hood) and a travel umbrella were essentials. We have a 17 year girl. We're travelling with friends who have a 14 and a 16 year old. How old is your granddaughter?
  • To DoreenC---My granddaughter is 26. The people at Tauck said she would probably be the oldest young person. We look foward to meeting you and your family... DPL
  • We are arriving a day early. I have a 17 yr. old son & need to figure out what sights to see so we do not overlap with the Tauck tour. Any ideas? Renee'
  • Renee' - We just returned from this trip. I have a 17 year old daughter and we arrived a day early. Our tour director had a welcome to Luzern packet waiting for us when we checked in. It listed things to do that wouldn't be duplicated on the tour. Suggestions included: the Musegg, an old fortification which once defended the city; the Swiss Museum of Transport; the Depot (Luzern's Museum of History); and the Glacier Garden. The Hotel Schweizerhof is in a great location for exploring the city. You can also rent pedal boats across from the hotel to pedal on Lake Luzern! Enjoy your trip! We had a great time!
This discussion has been closed.