Options

packing questions

I am trying to keep my packing for the 14 day Classic Italy tour to a minimum. Do all of the hotels have good hairdryers? Are any toiletries provided like they are in American hotels? I am concerned about adapters for recharging camera batteries, flat iron, etc. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Hello L.

All the hotels have hairdryers. I am not sure what you mean by good. Are you looking for a specific wattage or brand? Toiletries are provided in the hotels like they are in American hotels.

In regards to adapters, to use certain electrical appliances, you will need to bring a converter which converts U.S. 110 volts European 220 volts, along with an adapter which adapts the U.S. two-pronged plug to the appropriate local design. These items can be purchased at your local electronics or travel store. Please note that most modern laptop, cell phone and digital camera chargers are dual voltage and will work perfectly in Europe with just a simple adapter plug. Here is a link to a website that may help you: www.voltagevalet.com/country.html

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    Hello L.

Here is a link to a website that may help you: www.voltagevalet.com/country.html

Emily

That's a great resource, Emily. Thanks for passing it on. I'm sure there are lots of travel addicts here who will find this useful. And a possible way to narrow down that bag of world travel plugs ... one for every destination! The trick is to pack the right plugs for the current destination! Urgh! All so confusing.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    Hi just wanted to know if its worth taking my iPad with me. Do you know if most of the hotels have free wifi? We are going on the small group in april. Thanks Diane
  • Options
    I found the hair dryers in the hotels to be sufficient although I did bring my own travel blow dryer that was more powerful - something I was grateful for on the mornings with an "early and out" itinerary. The amenities are nice products but I found only the hotel in Sorrento provided conditioner. Wished later that I had asked for a few extra mini conditioners before moving from Sorrento.

We took an Ipad and paid for the wi-fi in the hotels - sometimes by the hour and I think once it was free. Several of the hotels had exorbitant wi-fi prices and we passed on the Internet. It's not a great signal and at times only worked if you were sitting near the hotel lobby, but if you want to stay in touch with the outside world while on the tour, it will do the job.

Beth
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    We took an Ipad and paid for the wi-fi in the hotels - sometimes by the hour and I think once it was free. Several of the hotels had exorbitant wi-fi prices and we passed on the Internet. It's not a great signal and at times only worked if you were sitting near the hotel lobby, but if you want to stay in touch with the outside world while on the tour, it will do the job.

I just checked the Classic Italy page here on the site and it says that internet is included for Tauck guests in all the hotels except for Sorrento and Rome. Mind you, it doesn't say how good the signal is!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    Sounds like complementary internet access may be improving for this tour! I had viewed the "Need to Know" section for Classic Italy stating "Complimentary basic Internet where available in hotel rooms; service levels are not guaranteed" which was our experience. That's great news indeed as it was certainly not an inexpensive luxury while we traveled through Italy.

Happy Travels!
    Beth
  • Options
    According to Tauck's web site and all of the brochures, WiFi is provided free in all hotels that have WiFi. I believe that this amenity across the board started this year.
This discussion has been closed.