Options

Basel to Amsterdam on Rhine and Moselle River cruise

My husband are I are going on the May 14 cruise from Basel. We are going the day before to experience Basel. Has anyone gone to Lucerne? We are planning that excursion and want to know if there is anything in particular to look for. Does Taulk give you any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    Hi - I'm KieferMom, Kiefer is my Yorkie.

I am also there the extra day at Swissotel. I am arriving around Noon on 13th and have planned 2 two-hour walking tours of Old Town Basel so I can take the Lucerne trip on Wed. also.

The first is that afternoon and then one on morning of 14th. I went to the Basel site online and printed out their 5 walking tour brochure.

For Lucerne there was an excellent post on one of the sites that suggested a wonderful walking tour. My relatives in Germany say it is a beautiful place to visit and if there is enough time to see the town AND go up the mountain, I should try to do both. If you are interested in either site I will post the link.

Hope to see you in Basel and Lucerne.
  • Options
    Hi KieferMom. The hotel will give passes to ride the trolley. We are planning to walk around town as well as ride the trolley. Hope to meet up with you.
  • Options
    Hi,

Just another tip for both of you if you get to read this forum before departing. We loved Basel. Food is very expensive since it's Switzerland. Go to the Manor Dept. Store in the middle of town as there is a very nice food court there. We used credit cards in Basel since we didn't want to get Swiss Francs and they didn't take Euros. You can ask anyone at the store which street to take up to the top of hill. It's an easy walk. We used the bus passes to ride all around the town. Lots of very interesting museums.

Have a great time.

Sheila
  • Options
    Thanks very much Sheila

Maria
  • Options
    Thank you Sheila. I'm going to write own the name of the eating place and take it with me. From reading I can see Basel is quit expensive.
This discussion has been closed.