Morning tour in Vienna

Prior to beginning the riverboat tour we are spending a few days in Vienna. Can anyone give me some idea of what is covered in the Tauck morning tour of Vienna (we will opt for the Schonbrunn in the PM) so that we do not duplicate our sightseeing?
Thanks for your help.
Terri

Comments

• You are certainly right in wanting to go to Schonbrunn. We've been there twice and it's wonderful! However, since you'll be in Vienna for even longer than you'll be there on the tour, you really need to go to the Hofburg Palace also. It's lovely with both its majestic rooms and with the wonderful silver gallery with the displays of fantastic palatial silver. Unbelievably ornate! Perhaps my favorite site in Vienna is the Stephansdom, which in many ways is the soul of the city. It's Vienna's most beloved landmark and Austria's finest Gothic edifice. There are almost a quarter of a million glazed tiles adorning its roof. Also, visit the wonderful Opera House if you can. We enjoyed dining for lunch outside at the Sacher Hotel Mozrt Cafe. The Kunsthistorisches Museum of Fine Arts is wonderful also. Although we've not been to the Belvedere Palace and Gardens, we understand that they are really beautiful also.
  • You are certainly right in wanting to go to Schonbrunn. We've been there twice and it's wonderful! However, since you'll be in Vienna for even longer than you'll be there on the tour, you really need to go to the Hofburg Palace also. It's lovely with both its majestic rooms and with the wonderful silver gallery with the displays of fantastic palatial silver. Unbelievably ornate! Perhaps my favorite site in Vienna is the Stephansdom, which in many ways is the soul of the city. It's Vienna's most beloved landmark and Austria's finest Gothic edifice. There are almost a quarter of a million glazed tiles adorning its roof. Also, visit the wonderful Opera House if you can. We enjoyed dining for lunch outside at the Sacher Hotel Mozrt Cafe. The Kunsthistorisches Museum of Fine Arts is wonderful also. Although we've not been to the Belvedere Palace and Gardens, we understand that they are really beautiful also.
    We plan to do the Hofburg on our own, and the Stephensdom and Opera house. However I would like to not duplicate anything the Tauck morning tour does.
    Terri
This discussion has been closed.