Edinburgh Sheraton Grand internet?

I'm on the June16 ESW tour and I read somewhere that the Sheraton Grand in Edinburgh doesn't have free internet.
I can't believe in this day and age that any hotel is charging to use the internet. Motel 6 has free internet. Does The Sheraton think that it is good PR to rip off its guests for something that everyone else provides for free?
Does anyone know the real story? Thanks, Bill from MA

Comments

• edited May 2013
    williep wrote:
    I'm on the June16 ESW tour and I read somewhere that the Sheraton Grand in Edinburgh doesn't have free internet.
    I can't believe in this day and age that any hotel is charging to use the internet. Motel 6 has free internet. Does The Sheraton think that it is good PR to rip off its guests for something that everyone else provides for free?
    Does anyone know the real story? Thanks, Bill from MA

I'm on the 7 July ESW trip.

The Sheraton Grand (UK) website
    says they have Internet access in rooms and throughout the hotel (for a fee in "Classic and Castle View and free unlimited WiFi in Club Rooms and Suites). It also says:

"In the heart of every lobby is the Link @ Sheraton experienced with Microsoft where guests come together to meet, connect and relax.

The Link is a unique virtual and physical lobby lounge space that enables guests to work, relax and remain connected with friends and family during their travels. It offers a unique and convenient online experience, including 30 minutes free Wi-Fi for hotel guests and internet-enabled computer stations, to allow guests to email, search the Web, review local attractions and even print boarding passes. Guests also have access to televisions, daily newspapers and food and beverage offerings.

I may be wrong but I believe a few months ago there was an announcement on the Tauck website that said "New for 2013, free Internet will be available for members of the tour in all hotels where available."

I think this except from "Travel Pulse" is what I just mentioned:

...."For 2013, Tauck also is adding complimentary in-room Internet access to each of its nearly 80 land journeys. This provides Tauck guests with free in-room Internet access in each Tauck hotel where Internet connectivity is available."

Details on the Tauck pages here say: "Complimentary basic Internet where available in hotel rooms; service levels are not guaranteed."

I read "Complimentary" as meaning "free."

Maybe Tauck Emily can provide a better answer.
  • Hello williep,

AlanS is correct we provide complimentary basic Internet where available in hotel rooms; service levels are not guaranteed.

Hope this helps,
    Emily

• just returned from this trip...it was fabulous! There WAS a glitch with Internet BUT our tour director immediately fixed the problem and none of us were charged for Internet use in our rooms.....one of the MANY things Kori handled quietly and efficiently! Enjoy the rest!
This discussion has been closed.