Options

Jewish Heritage Tour June 2013

Anyone planning to go on the Jewish Heritage Tour departing June 26, 2013?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, I'm hoping to go then, with my husband, Syd.
  • Options

Curt and Linda Mankoff will be going June 26.

Am I correct in that Visa's are NOT required for this trip.

Thank you
  • Options
    That's my understanding.....just passports that don't expire within the 90 days following entry into the countries.
  • Options
    I stand corrected.....180 days.

As per Tauck:

"If you are a U.S. citizen traveling internationally, you will need a passport for six months beyond the completion of your Tauck journey to enter Poland, Hungary, Austria, Slovakia and the Czech Republic; however, you do not need a visa for the short duration of this tour.

The U.S. State Department advises that: "All foreigners seeking entry into the Czech Republic must also carry proof of a medical insurance policy contracted for payment of all costs for hospitalization and medical treatment while in the Czech Republic. According to the Czech Government, if you have a health insurance card or an internationally recognized credit card with health insurance included, it will generally be accepted as proof of insurance to enter the country.”

• Options
    My wife and I will be joining the Jewish Heritage Tour on June 25, beginning in Warsaw.
    We live in Scottsdale, Arizona, and will be departing from Phoenix.

Noel and Arlene Rudley
  • Options
    My husband, Al and I will also be joining the Jewish Heritage Tour on June 25th. We're hoping that we will get to visit the Museum of the History of Polish Jews, which opened today. In fact, there's an excellent video about the museum on YouTube.
  • Options
    We are planning to take the May 29th Jewish Heritage tour with our two sons and
    daughter-in-law. My father was a Holocaust survivor from Czechoslovakia. Anyone else going?
  • Options
    Oberman wrote:
    My husband, Al and I will also be joining the Jewish Heritage Tour on June 25th. We're hoping that we will get to visit the Museum of the History of Polish Jews, which opened today. In fact, there's an excellent video about the museum on YouTube.

We just returned from this itinerary and it was a great trip!

We did not take the Jewish Heritage tour because it included way too many concentration camps. Auschwitz and Auschchwitz-Birkenou were included, and that was quite enough for us.Our trip did however take in all of the other "Jewish" sites in each of the cities visited.

FYI, the Museum of the History of the Polish Jews is open, but it does not have any open exhibits. The building is beautiful, and when the exhibits open (according the the docent, Oct 2013) it will be spectacular. We went on our own, with a private docent, in our free time, later, our tour director included a brief peak inside on the day we visited the Jewish Uprising (on site at the museum) and the Ghetto Uprising memorials
This discussion has been closed.