Versailles

We are on the Monte Carlo to Paris tour and have added days to our stay in Paris and would like to visit Versailles one day. Does Tauck have a recommendation for a tour company that picks people up from their hotels for a trip to Versailles? Either a 4-hour or 8-hour visit.

Comments

• general Tauck does not do recommendations like that. I would call the hotel or chck Rick Steves travel book for the area for a recommendation
  • This is a tour you can do on your own. Pre-purchase your tickets online before you travel thus cutting out the sometimes long queues for tickets on the day. From wherever your staying take the RER to River Gauche station and it's a five minute walk to the gates of Versailles. Your ticket, depending on what you want to see, provides you with an audio self guided tour and entrance to all there is to see at Versailles. There are little trains that take you to the various areas. If you're set on having a fully guided tour there are recommendations on their website or you can employ at registered guide at the entrance gate.

Whatever you decide to do Versailles is certainly not to be missed. BTW photographs can be taken everywhere.
  • Hi OzJohnno is correct. You can do it yourself or you can ask the Concierge at the hotel you are staying at to arrange a tour for you. We used a car/van service that picked us up at the hotel and took us to Versailles, went to the front of the line and bought our tickets with headsets, and then picked us up four hours later and took us back to the hotel. The first time we went many years ago, we had a private guide -- no need for one now as most museums in the World use the headsets. I've been there three times -- twice with grandchildren and finally bought the gorgeous book in the giftshop the last time so I can always remember my time there.

Have a great time. We love France!

Sheila
This discussion has been closed.