Options

Laundry Service

First time on a river cruise. Is there any type of laundry service?

Comments

• Options
    expensive. Plan on washing by hand what you can.
  • Options
    Is there a laundry room on board for doing your own laundry or just the extra cost service?
  • Options
    There's no laundry room on the river cruise boats, 1jimmyd. Just the laundry service, or your own efforts.

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    I have a laundry price list if anyone wants to look at it but beware fainting can occur when you see the prices for individual items.

Rod
  • Options
    OzJohnno wrote:
    I have a laundry price list if anyone wants to look at it but beware fainting can occur when you see the prices for individual items.

Rod

Would love to see the price list Rod so I can start a "laundry fund" before we sail! We found traveling through Italy that it wasn't difficult to wash our smaller "quick dry" travel items in hotels sinks, but found the only way to properly wash slacks and shirts after multiple days of wear was by sending them to the laundry. I usually take individual packets of Woolite, a sink "stopper" and 2 braided travel clothes lines for washing the little stuff. Does anyone have favorite brands of travel clothes that they find easy to pack and wash?
  • Options
    Thanks Jan.

I would be interested in the laundry price list as well. Is there a way to post it?
  • Options
    There are two ways we can go about this, I think. You can email me at rodmky@optusnet.com.au and I'll send the list I have or perhaps if you asked Tauck by email they could send one too. Either way I'm happy to help.

Rod
  • Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, Rod, ... or anyone who's travelled more recently on the river boats than I have ... but I recall there was a little retractable washing line in the shower. I'm so short I just left it extended rather than dislocating something every day just reaching for it! I really hope this is a true memory, not something my psyche has concocted!

Cheers,

Jan
  • Options
    You're correct Jan and we used it a lot on the 14 day trip but we also needed to use the laundry service .. we're still paying that off 2 years later .............. just kidding.....

Rod
  • Options
    Oh, dear me! Goodness, the trials we travellers have to endure. Will it never end!

I have a set of plastic pegs that have a hook on the top. They are so useful. You can usually find somewhere to hook things even if there's no line. Like the CC, never leave home without them! My mother gave me my first set for my first overseas trip way back ... I can't remember that far back. I've replaced them over time, but I still notice the classic nail polish mark on some of them. I marked them when I shared a cabin on my first trip up the Nile. Gosh, doesn't time fly when you're having fun!

Cheers,

Jan

• Options
    We are leaving next week for the Black Sea to Budapest cruise. It looks to be hot and muggy thus requiring laundry service. Can someone please give me a few examples of the prices? What does a mens shirt cost to have laundered? Womens pants?
This discussion has been closed.