Dinner Seating

We are considering this journey for 2014 and are wondering if dinner in the main dining room on the ship is open seating or by group at assigned times (as on larger ships)?

Comments

• we are going on this cruise in Sept. on the L Austral. if anyone else has done this tour please give me any info you have
  • elansdal wrote:
    We are considering this journey for 2014 and are wondering if dinner in the main dining room on the ship is open seating or by group at assigned times (as on larger ships)?

I have not done this tour, but have sailed on L'Boreal which is a sister ship. If they follow the same procedures, there was one dinner seating at 7:30. Everyone could be accomodated at the same time. You arrived at the dining room and were seated at any open table. Nothing was assigned and you could change who you ate with every evening. There was also a small buffet seating on an upper deck that you had to make reservations for even though the dinner was also at the same time. The reservations were because it was a smaller area. I hope that this helps.
  • Sorry for delay in responding, but many thanks for the dining info. Now looking for any tips on best time to go (weather, etc.).
  • j s wrote:
    we are going on this cruise in Sept. on the L Austral. if anyone else has done this tour please give me any info you have
    We, too, will be taking the September cruise. Look forward to meeting you.
  • elansdal wrote:
    Sorry for delay in responding, but many thanks for the dining info. Now looking for any tips on best time to go (weather, etc.).
    My husband and I went on this cruise last September and enjoyed warm and beautiful weather. We always favor tours in September because of fewer crowds and usually great weather. The ship is beautiful, very comfortable, and the staff is pleasant and friendly. We enjoyed dining at the buffet on the upper deck a few nights but ultimately preferred the dining room service and menu. Tauck hosted a cocktail party each evening on the outside decks as well as the lounges, so it was a nice opportunity to meet fellow passengers. We always felt comfortable and relaxed in all parts of the ship. The tours are wonderful and the scenery spectacular!
    We loved staying at the Hotel Danieli in Venice for our first night and also spent an extra night there after the cruise. This September we are going on the French Waterways River Cruise which will be another new experience for us.
This discussion has been closed.