Options

July 14, 2013 Budapest to Amsterdam

We are Terri and Jim from South Carolina. Looking forward to this trip. Any one else going?
We will be staying in Vienna a few days before the cruise and in Amsterdam post cruise.
Hope to hear from others who will be joining us.
Terri

Comments

• Options
    We're also on this river cruise July 14th - Ron and Diane from Texas - and 2 other couples traveling with us (Texas and Massachusetts). While we have all been on large cruise ships and several Tauck land tours, this will be our first River Cruise...so really looking forward to it as have heard how great they are! If you have any hints feel free to pass them on. We are in Budapest a day pre-trip so could use some suggestions for that day that won't overlap what we see on the cruise.
  • Options
    I am so glad that someone finally answered my post. I thought we were the only ones on this cruise. WE are looking forward to meeting you.

We have never done a Tauck journey before either land or riverboat. So this is our first. We are spending a few days in Vienna prior to the cruise and will go to Salzburg as well. We will be arriving in Budapest by train on the day of the cruise (July 14) and are presently trying to figure out how to find a reputable taxi service to get us from the train station to the dock.
    If anyone has any suggestions we are open to any and all of them.
    Terri B.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    On the website under the "Need to Know" section is "Inclusive Prices". It states there that tour prices include transportation from Budapest Keleti Train Station to riverboat regardless of the time of arrival when you provide the info. Go to the site and read more. It also talks about transfers at the conclusion. You're good to go! Have a great trip. I have to wait until August 2014!!! :)))))
  • Options
    warm47 wrote:
    On the website under the "Need to Know" section is "Inclusive Prices". It states there that tour prices include transportation from Budapest Keleti Train Station to riverboat regardless of the time of arrival when you provide the info. Go to the site and read more. It also talks about transfers at the conclusion. You're good to go! Have a great trip. I have to wait until August 2014!!! :)))))

I have been in touch with Tauck and have provided them with our arrival info at the Kaleti Train Station. They will provide the transfer.
    We are good to go.
    Terri
  • Options
    Looking forward to our first river cruise 7/14/13 from Budapest to Amsterdam.
    Staying a couple days in Vienna pre river and couple days post river in Amsterdam.
    Ben and Karen from Texas
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    BGeorge wrote:
    Staying a couple days in Vienna pre river and couple days post river in Amsterdam.
    Ben and Karen from Texas
    Hi Ben and Karen,
    We are Terri and Jim from South Carolina by way of New York City. it is our first ever river cruise too. We also staying in Vienna from 8 July to 14 July with a side trip to Salzburg for two days. We are taking train #49 from the Westbahnhof station at 9:48 am arriving in Budapest Kaleti Station at 12:49 pm. Tauck will be providing the transfer. Perhaps we can get together beforehand. We are staying at the Vienna Marriott. My email is Tfbrein at gmail dot com.
    Terri
  • Options
    Terri and Jim,
    Agree, let's do a meet up in Vienna.
    I think we are in the Grand on the ring downtown, but I don't have my info with me just now.
    We don't have a firm train schedule, so we will try to book the one you mentioned below.
    Karen will send you a note on email so we can get our acquaintance started.
    Looking forward to this trip.
    Ben and Karen
  • Options
    BGeorge wrote:
    Terri and Jim,
    Agree, let's do a meet up in Vienna.
    I think we are in the Grand on the ring downtown, but I don't have my info with me just now.
    We don't have a firm train schedule, so we will try to book the one you mentioned below.
    Karen will send you a note on email so we can get our acquaintance started.
    Looking forward to this trip.
    Ben and Karen
    Sounds good to me. I will await your email. I have not booked the train yet. We are presently away from home and will not return until May 19. Will not book train until then. However I have firmed up with Tauck regarding transfer from Kaleti Train Station on train #49. That train is most direct with fewest stops. When Karen sends me email I will send her the link to the Austrian Rail website.
    We will book our tickets on line prior to leaving for Vienna.
    Terri
  • Options
    BGeorge wrote:
    Ben and Karen from Texas

We are only staying a day ahead of time in Budapest, but will meet you on the ship as there are 4 of us from Texas and 2 transplants from Texas back to Boston - all on the trip together. Where in Texas are you from? We are all from north of Dallas: Ron/Diane from near McKinney and Gary/Jolene from Plano..
  • Options
    Well small world. We live in Prosper, TX.
    Moved here 8 years ago after 21 years in Plano, TX.
    Karen and I are originally from Kansas, but moved to Plano in 1981.
    I read a review about Europe River Cruises that said plan on meeting others from the US on your trip.
    The writer said that was a negative thing about the River Cruise. Karen and I think it is a positive thing...
    But didn't realize some of the Americans would be living 5 to 10 miles from us!
    This sounds like more fun all the time.
    Ben and Karen
  • Options
    Yes, very small world. We are actually living on eastern edge of Celina on Custer Rd. Moved there in 1999 from Richardson, orginally from Illinois. And our friends Gary/Jolene living in Plano are from Kansas...so guess we can all talk about homelands while we watch the river go by!!
    Ron and Diane
  • Options
    Hi to all of the folks already posting on the July 14th Budapest trip - 2 more couples to add to the list. We are Pat & Don from San Francisco/Ann Arbor (winter/summer) and are traveling with a couple from Livonia (Detroit area). Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time! Interesting that all of the folks online to date are Americans - suspect more than a few will be non-US, but we will see - 2 months until arrival!

Don & Pat
  • Options
    Hi to all of the folks already posting on the July 14th Budapest trip - 2 more couples to add to the list. We are Pat & Don from San Francisco/Ann Arbor (winter/summer) and are traveling with a couple from Livonia (Detroit area). Looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time! Interesting that all of the folks online to date are Americans - suspect more than a few will be non-US, but we will see - 2 months until arrival!

Don & Pat
    Welcome aboard. We look forward to meeting you. Only two months away.
    We're really getting exciting about this trip. We leave for Vienna on July 7. We will spend two days in Salzburg as well. Taking the train to Budapest.
    Terri
  • Options
    RonL wrote:
    Yes, very small world. We are actually living on eastern edge of Celina on Custer Rd. Moved there in 1999 from Richardson, orginally from Illinois. And our friends Gary/Jolene living in Plano are from Kansas...so guess we can all talk about homelands while we watch the river go by!!
    Ron and Diane
  • Options
    Ron,
    Tell Gary and Jolene our Kansas background is the Pittsburg area in Southeast KS. (Frontenac).
    Several relatives still all over Kansas.
    No doubt there will be some stories.
    Will be a good trip.
    Ben
  • Options
    Our cruise starts on July 14 and I have two questions.
    1) When can we reasonably expect to receive our travel documents?
    2) What is Tauck's plan in the event of HIGH WATER LEVELS on the Rivers?

Thanks to anyone who may be able to respond to these questions.
    Terri
  • Options
    Hello everyone, Just checking on news on the July 14th trip and enjoyed reading all of the posts. We, Bob and Ilene, are coming from St Louis. Anxiously watching the weather / river levels on the rivers we hope to be on next month. Every storm we have here ends up there. This is our first river cruise but we've been to Europe several times. We will arrive in Budapest 2 days prior to cruise departure so hopefully we'll see some of you in the city. Won't be able to extend time in Amsterdam which we have visited before.

Bob and Ilene
  • Options
    We're John and Mary Ann from Raleigh, NC - formerly NYC area. We just booked this cruise after our Tauck Blue Danube was canceled last week. We started in Prague and only spent two nights on the boat. River was closed to navigation on Jun 2 and Tauck made arrangements to get us out of Vienna airport the following day. They were teriffic! We look forward to meeting all of our fellow travelers. We'll be arriving in Budapest on Saturday the 13th.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    John M wrote:
    We're John and Mary Ann from Raleigh, NC - formerly NYC area. We just booked this cruise after our Tauck Blue Danube was canceled last week. We started in Prague and only spent two nights on the boat. River was closed to navigation on Jun 2 and Tauck made arrangements to get us out of Vienna airport the following day. They were teriffic! We look forward to meeting all of our fellow travelers. We'll be arriving in Budapest on Saturday the 13th.
    Hi John and Mary Ann, Welcome aboard. We are Terri and Jim. We live in Bluffton, SC (almost neighbors) and also formerly from NYC. We look forward to meeting you. I am sure you will have stories to tell of your adventure.

We will be spending time in Vienna prior to the cruise and arriving in Budapest by train on July 14.
    Looking forward to meeting you.
    Terri
  • Options
    Terri, we're familiar with Blufton as we go to Hilton Head nearly every year. Positive information today about flood conditions in Budapest. Hoping Regensburg and Passau will be back to normal. I'm confident they will. http://news.yahoo.com/budapest-escapes-floods-danube-starts-recede-100610265.html
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Looking forward to meeting you. Seems like things are improving in the region.
    Terri
  • Options
    Hello everyone. I am traveling alone and look forward to meeting everyone. I live in New Hampshire, originally from Kansas. I plan to arrive in Budapest on the 13th. I have traveled with Tauck twice before and have only good things to say about them. See you in a month!
  • Options
    Welcome aboard. Let's hope for smooth sailing and sunny skies.
    Terri
  • Options
    We are Randy & 'Sam' (legally Hermine) from Charlotte County, FL and are looking forward to our first riverboat cruise. Like everyone else we are hoping the water subsides enough in time for our cruise. Like some others we are staying over in Amsterdam for 3 nights on the end of the cruise. If this turns into a mostly bus tour we will be greatly disappointed. Look forward to seeing everyone on the boat.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I guess I've become the official welcomer, so welcome aboard. Our group is growing. Looking forward to meeting the two of you. Hoping for lower water levels and sunny skies.
    See you in a month.
    Terri
  • Options
    Hello All - we are Clay and Sherry Brumley from McKinney Tx and look forward to our first visit to Europe.. We arrive on July 1st and will tour Italy before arriving in Budapest on July 13th We are so excited about the riverboat cruise and hope and planning on beautiful weather. Believe everyone along the river could use a lot of sunshine. We look forward to meeting all of you. See you soon
  • Options
    Welcome Sherry and Clay. Our numbers are growing. See you on board.
    Terri
  • Options
    Hello All - we are Clay and Sherry Brumley from McKinney Tx and look forward to our first visit to Europe.. We arrive on July 1st and will tour Italy before arriving in Budapest on July 13th We are so excited about the riverboat cruise and hope and planning on beautiful weather. Believe everyone along the river could use a lot of sunshine. We look forward to meeting all of you. See you soon
    Wow...we are Ron and Diane and live in Celina on Custer Road north of 380. There is another couple on this thread (Ben/Karen) from Prosper and we are traveling with a couple from Plano. Incredible we are going to Europe to see several of us that live in a 30 minute radius. But getting anxious to go as we also arrive in Budapest on the 13th.
This discussion has been closed.