upcoming France River Cruise trip on August 1st

I have an 11 year old boy- Can a Tauck rep tell me how many boys between the ages of 10 and 14 are on the tour, and if any are travelling as an only child? Our group five, but only one child. Can you recommend anything in paricular we should see since we are arriving on July 31 in the morning? We have almost two full days before the tour starts and I don't want to do anything that the tour will cover.
I was thinking of going to the Museum D'Orsay and the Pompidou Center. I have been to Paris several times - is there anything new we should see? I hear the Paris docks are interesting... and have shops and restaurants as well.

Comments

• Hi momster,

There are a total of 38 children on tour as of this posting, please note that these numbers can change as we approach the journey date. Of the 38 children, 12 of them are boys between the ages of 10-14 years old. It is hard to tell if there are any traveling as an only child as many time we have grandparents taking multiple grand children on trips. Just based off names it looks like there could be 4, that being said it should really be a concern that he is an only child, many times kids will gravitate to each other.

As for site seeing on your own, it sounds like you have a good grasp of things to see and do since you have been to Paris before. Will people enjoy a visit to Versailles? Or perhaps dinner or lunch at the Eiffel Tower. The Paris portion of this trip includes outside visits of Eiffel tower, Arc de Triomphe, Cathedral Notre
    Dame & a scavenger hunt through the Louvre.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • I have an only child and I used to have the same worries as you, but I don't any longer. Occasionally, there are siblings that stick together, but I find it more common for each sibling to make their own friends from among the other children on the trip. That was especially true on the river cruise since the kids had free time on the ship to develop their new relationships. Have a wonderful trip!
  • We are not on this cruise, but did Tauck Bridges Danube River Cruise 2 years ago and I am guessing they are very similar. The kids had a great time and quickly became a "pack" of buddies. Since were all on the boat every night, and it's small enough you can find anyone if you want to, the kids could run off together (on the boat, not in the cities) and enjoy themselves and we did not have to worry. The kids loved the freedom and so did we. Just what "expert" said. I did not see any children left out or isolated. Perfect vacation--just the right balance of togetherness and freedom.
  • momster - We will be on the August 1 cruise with two boys, 11 and 13, and look forward to meeting you. We did the Bella Italia last summer and the kids all got along and mixed very well.
    Tauck Emily - What time are we expected to dock in Lyon and be able to disembark on August 10?
    Thanks,
    Ed
  • Hello CanucksinHK,

You will arrive in Lyon at 3AM and breakfast will be served from 6AM till 9:30AM. Usually we all have to be off the ship by 9AM on disembarkation day. If you want to, you can leave as early at 6AM. In fact, there are usually some departure transfers at that hour or earlier.

Hope this helps,
    Emily
This discussion has been closed.