Suggestion

We are booked for the September 19th trip. As luck would have it, we just returned from visiting our family in Boulder, CO. Our son planned, as a treat for us, a train trip from Denver to Grand Junction. While we were in Grand Junction, he took us for a 25 mile drive in the Colorado National Monument. This canyon rim drive was awesome. I would suggest to anyone that has the time to add an extra pre day to the Tauck trip, stay overnight in Grand Junction, rent a car and drive the Monument. You can probably be picked up at the airport by Tauck the next day. I found photos of the drive in the Internet, but none of the pictures matched the reality of the place.
I highly recommend doing this.

Bev

Comments

• byelen wrote:
    We are booked for the September 19th trip. As luck would have it, we just returned from visiting our family in Boulder, CO. Our son planned, as a treat for us, a train trip from Denver to Grand Junction. While we were in Grand Junction, he took us for a 25 mile drive in the Colorado National Monument. This canyon rim drive was awesome. I would suggest to anyone that has the time to add an extra pre day to the Tauck trip, stay overnight in Grand Junction, rent a car and drive the Monument. You can probably be picked up at the airport by Tauck the next day. I found photos of the drive in the Internet, but none of the pictures matched the reality of the place.
    I highly recommend doing this.

Bev

Absolutely. Couldn't agree more, Bev. And it's just a taste of what's in store for the rest of the trip. Be prepared to be awed.

Cheers,

Jan
This discussion has been closed.