Canyonlands Trip

Still hoping to hear from anyone whose has already taken the Canyonlands Trip. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Comments

• We took the Canyonlands trip 3 years ago and had a great time. You can see my responses to questions like yours in the "Welcome to Tauck's American Canyonland Forum" folder. Just let me know if you have any other questions.
  • Still hoping to hear from anyone whose has already taken the Canyonlands Trip. Any suggestions will be welcome.
    I just returned from the trip and it was wonderful. The weather is quite warm, even at the higher elevations. We covered a lot of miles and did so many cool things, rest up and pack good walking shoes if you like to cover some ground. Also, do not forget the sunblock. Everything is pretty casual, and the only time I wanted something a bit dressier was the last night in Vegas. Hope this helps
  • Thanks for the info JerseyDeb. An looking forward to the trip in Aug.
  • Jerseydeb wrote:
    I just returned from the trip and it was wonderful. The weather is quite warm, even at the higher elevations. We covered a lot of miles and did so many cool things, rest up and pack good walking shoes if you like to cover some ground. Also, do not forget the sunblock. Everything is pretty casual, and the only time I wanted something a bit dressier was the last night in Vegas. Hope this helps

Glad to hear that you had such a great trip. We are going on Sept. 14th. Did you actually take hiking boots? What about the first evening - I guess that was not dressy? It probably will be a little cooler when we go - did you wear shorts most of the time? Thanks, Bonnie
  • We just returned. The first night, was a step or two above 'shorts'. I wore capris & a polo. The farewell dinner was a bit dressier than I had planned for, but I was fine with longer shorts & a linen shirt.

THe lotion is a definite need. The great thing about this trip is you can be as active or as low key as you would like. Also, your trip fee includes things like the hotel maid service & bellhop fees. When meals are included, they are fully included! Really nice trip.
This discussion has been closed.