What clothes etc. do I need to buy?

I'm booked on the Feb 8th 2014 cruise. I have lived in San Diego, California, since 1975, and do not ski. If the temperature drops to 30 degrees F it is an extremely cold night. I have no cold weather gear at all, and will have very little use for cold weather gear after the cruise.

I understand Tauck supplies a parka, and I can rent boots, but will need to buy waterproof pants. It sounds as though ship interior temperatures will let me wear my normal clothing.

For upper body clothes, I'm planning to look for knitted wool or silk pullovers. I can wear a couple of layers that would work individually for a cold evening in San Diego.

What sort of gloves should I get? Hat? Will light weight slacks plus waterproof pants be sufficient, or do I need another layer of lower body insulation?

Comments

• At necessaryGear (a Tauck recommended vendor), you can rent a "Hands, Legs and Feet" combination which includes boots, pants and gloves. Lots of other combinations, and individual items for purchase.

http://www.necessarygear.com/index.php?cPath=186&osCsid=ce28cfa147b1556d79009b134ae21286
  • Hi Patricia,

I am on the Feb 8 trip also. I inquired about dressy evening clothes and was told they are not necessary. I havealso been in touch with the Ship to Shore Traveler and I am going to order my "rental" rubber boots from them as well as some waterproof pants. I haveall the rest of the "warm" clothes I need, having originally lived inChicago. I do not need them here in St. Petersburg, FL. My email address is josephine1409@tampabay.rr.com should you careto email me. . Edris
This discussion has been closed.