Options

July 29th trip

Anyone going on the July 29th trip?

Comments

• Options
    Carol and I are on this trip. Leaving on 29th to get arrive a day early. We are from New Jersey and looking forward to this trip.
  • Options
    Hi Dennis,

My wife Carole and I are also getting to London early, leaving on the 28th and arriving on the 29th at 7 AM. We are from South Florida.
  • Options
    Hi Dennis and Carol,

This is our first Tauck tour. We have heard nothing but wonderful comments about their tours from our friends. We are going two days earlier and staying in Paris two days later. We are just now trying to figure out what to see and do those days. We are looking forward to meeting you on our tour.
  • Options
    Hi Paul,

We are on the July 10th trip with our 18 year old granddaughter and our 17th Tauck Tour. We have tried other tour companies, but nothing is like Tauck. They really care about their customers. If you haven't been to London before and like history, you should add the Churchill War Museum to your list of "must sees". Google it and you will find out so much about it. Since you are going in earlier, you can also ask the concierge about a tour to Stonehedge.

Have a great time. They are two of my favorite cities!!

Sheila
  • Options
    Hi Paul:

This is my first trip to London also. Sheila's recommendations were good ones that others have recommended to me also.

Other recommendations I have gotten would be a day trip to Cotswold and Stratford if you have the time. We are planning to stay close to the hotel since we arrive mid-day on the 30th. Maybe just stroll along the the Embankment (the Thames) and do a little shopping on Regent Street.

We look forward to meeting both of you.

Dennis/Carol
  • Options
    Hi Sheila,

Were you referring to the Imperial War Museum or The Cabinet War Room and the Churchill Museum? Also how informal is the dress for Taulk evening things?

Paul
  • Options
    Hi Paul,

Google Churchill War Rooms and you will find out all about it. When we first visited London the museum just comprised the underground Cabinet War Rooms which were built underground in 1938 and became operational in 1939 all through WWII. After I visited it, my husband and his brother went back and they had added the Winston Churchill museum to it. It is located at Clive Steps, King Charles Street in London. You can ask the Concierge at the hotel for directions. Apparently, it is part of the Imperial War Museum Network which has other locations in addition to this one.

I always tell everyone to go visit.

Sheila
  • Options
    Paul - Both the Imperial War Room and the Cabinet War Rooms are worth a visit. The Cabinet War Room takes an hour or so to tour. The Imperial War Room is much larger & you'd need 4 hours or so to do it justice.
  • Options
    Paul. In one of the tour guide books I have, a self-guided walk on the "Left Bank" is recommended. Since the tour doesn't visit any of those sites it sounded like an enjoyable thing to do. It will probably take quite a few hours to walk. Some of the sights are the: Place de la Concorde, Musee d,Orsay (art gallery), Ile de la Cite, Notre Dame,Great cafes to snack at, St Germain Blvd (shopping), etc. Bob
This discussion has been closed.