Options

Flynets

I have been reading that the flies and small bugs can be extremely annoying and profuse around Ayers Rock, and that flynets might want to be purchased. Since I seem to be on every small insect's radar, has anyone who has made this trip have any bug experiences to share? We are going in October 2013. Thanks for any heads up advice for bug spray and flynets.

Comments

• Options
    We were on this tour this past March. Yes, the black flies at Ayers Rock are very pesky. At least they don't bite, but they are bothersome. Tauck provided us with flints, so we did not purchase these ahead of time! We did take a small bottle of insect repellant (Off), but did not use it. The TD had insect repellant in case anyone wanted to use this. Great trip...you will thoroughly enjoy it!
  • Options
    Thanks so much for your reply. That is very helpful. I had wondered if Tauck might provide the flynets as they usually think of most everything. We are indeed looking forward to this trip.
  • Options
    Hi...I went on this tour early November 2011 and we were lucky @ Ayers Rock as the flies weren't too bothersome. I think we only put the nets on for pictures! :-)

Tauck does think of everything and they always have water so you don't have to worry about that either!!

Enjoy - it's a fantastic trip!
This discussion has been closed.