Budapest to Amsterdam, beginning Aug. 25, 2013

Hello! My husband and I are on the MS Treasures, departing on Sunday, August 25, 2013. It is our first river cruise. We were wondering if others will be dressing up for a couple of the evenings. Sports jacket and tie? Or dress shirt and slacks? Dressy dress or nice summer dress? Anyone taking a walking stick? We have a packable one we use for hiking, but not sure if it will be necessary...or not? Thanks!!

Comments

• Hi! We'll be on the same cruise and were wondering the same thing. I think dressier for special dinners, etc. The webinar said no ties required but my husband is throwing one in anyway. I'm taking one dress. Never sure what dress casual means. Looking forward to meeting you.
    This is our first river cruise too; looking forward to it..
  • You can dress like you are going to a nice restaurant. Do not take really dressy clothes because they are not needed. I have done 2 river cruises and the night in Vienna that we went to dinner to the castle I got dressed up, but other than that nice dress or nice pants with shirt for women. Men no need for suit coats unless that is your norm. Might want to bring one if he will be more comfortable if this trip does the castle in Vienna the way the Blue Danube trip does.
  • Not a Tauck cruise, but my Viking cruise last summer same itinerary was quite informal, I did not take a jacket and never needed it --- we tied up next to many river cruises and none were formal, things have gone " country club casual "
This discussion has been closed.