Options

adaptors for charging phone and camera, etc...

We are on the Sept. 1 trip to China. Which adaptor do we need?
Judi

Comments

• Options
    Hello Judi,

Voltage in the hotels in Asia are 200/240 volts AC. If you plan on bringing electrical devices with you, it is suggested that you bring an electrical converter with adapter plug set. All hotels do have pre-adapted outlets for razors, as well as hairdryers. For the specific adapter needed, here is a link to a website that shows the different adapters needed for each country: www.voltagevalet.com/country.html

Hope this helps,
    Emily
  • Options
    I just need adaptors for camera and phone, so I think I am good, thanks.
  • Options
    If you're going to need to charge multiple devices at the same time (my list . . . 2 iPhones, 2 iPads, 2 cameras, and a laptop) I would suggest taking a multi-outlet strip localized for that country or area. Use your plug adapters with that. No fussing to have to unplug one device to plug in another. Everything will just charge easily overnight.
  • Options
    Voltage in China is 220 V. Most phone and camera changers have voltage range from 100V to 240V, so it has no problems just direct plugging in. The only thing is that in China the plug with two flat plates are equal wide. So if your plug has one wider plate than the other, you can use a file to make it equal wide.
This discussion has been closed.