Things to do in Vancouver

We will be taking the Grand Canadian Rockies tour in early September. We will be arriving 1 day early in Vancouver. Do you have any suggestions for things to do that we will not see on the tour. Thanks for your help.

Comments

• The Fish House restaurant in Stanley Park is wonderful for dinner.
    Vancouver Art museum is interesting with good collections.
  • We walked into Gastown the first day we were there. The next day before we met for reception dinner, we spent time in Granville Island and then walked to art Gallery row. Even though you drive through Gastown, we wouldn't have had time to see the shops, same with Granville. So that worked well for us. We just got back and had a great time! Enjoy.
  • I just came back from the Grand Canadian Rockies tour and it was wonderful. I stayed a couple of days on my own in Vancouver. On one of the days I booked the "Hop On Hop Off" Trolley, and I visited Stanley Park (the areas not on the tour excursion, like the Rose Garden), the Classical Chinese Garden in Chinatown (I thought it was worthwhile - there is also a Sun Yat Sen Park which is free), etc.

On the second day I booked a Landsea Tour out of town (not far) to Grouse Mountain and the Capilano Suspension Bridge. The excursion took about 5 hours and I enjoyed it. You may want to Google these activities to see if they would appeal to you.

Sergio
This discussion has been closed.