Options

Laundry on Le Ponant

What is the laundry service on the boat? Is it just wash and dry? Is there dry cleaning?

I've heard the laundry service is costly, though I am not sure why anyone would complain about that given the cost of the trip ;) Nevertheless, what kind of costs are we talking about here? Surely not 10 euros just to launder a pair of socks or t-shirt?

Just trying to manage the packing, so it helps to understand the laundry service situation.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    I believe it is just wash and dry. It's not a large ship, so I'd be surprised if they have a dry cleaning option (and I don't remember seeing one when I went in May). It definitely was expensive - you're not too far off on your 10 euro guess. I think blouses and pants were around 8-12 euros each. I wish I could remember the exact pricing better, but maybe someone else will be able to.
  • Options
    We brought along lightweight shirts and shorts (Columbia, North Face etc.) and rinsed them out in the bathroom sink, blotted with a towel and hung in our stateroom to dry. Very casual - not to worry about needing lots of new outfits.
  • Options
    Just back. Underwear and socks were a couple of Euros. Prices were about what I would expect in hotels. Reasonable for Europe.
This discussion has been closed.