Grand Alaska July 22

My husband and I will be traveling with the July 22 Grand Alaska tour. We do not want to get all dressed up for formal nights. Do any of our fellow travelers have any thoughts on this?
Also, do any of the ladies on the tour play Mah Jongg? I have heard that there are sets on the ship, so it might be fun on our all day at sea days.

Comments

• My husband and I will be traveling with the July 22 Grand Alaska tour. We do not want to get all dressed up for formal nights. Do any of our fellow travelers have any thoughts on this?
    Also, do any of the ladies on the tour play Mah Jongg? I have heard that there are sets on the ship, so it might be fun on our all day at sea days.

For the benefit of those going on this tour in the future, there were many different types of dress on formal nights. I wore a dressy sweater jacket, dress pants and shirt. I didn't see many long dresses but many women were in short fancy dresses. Some men were in tuxes, but most that i saw were in jackets and ties.The best reason to dress up in my opinion is to take advantage of all of the photos that the ship photographers will take. These are posed with studio backdrops, and you can choose at the end of the cruise which you want to purchase, if any. For additional cost, you can buy the full resolution digital files.

Since my husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and retirement, I appreciated having formal photos to purchase.
This discussion has been closed.