Options

Trip cancellation

I am so disappointed our 10/5 Grand Canyon trip has been cancelled. I know it's not Tauck's fault, but I do find it odd that no statement has come directly from Tauck management posted on the travel forum.

Comments

• Options
    I really feel badly for you for the cancellation. Having taken the Spirit of the Desert tour at the end of May, I have to say all of our national parks are truly awesome to behold!

And you can't blame Tauck for the piddling quarrels in DC between the President and both sides of Congress. What an utter disgrace for our country to have shutdown the government in so capricious a manner and with not one thought to all the affected federal workers and businesses held hostage to what has transpired. And there is no end in sight....
  • Options
    HappyTwo wrote:
    I am so disappointed our 10/5 Grand Canyon trip has been cancelled. I know it's not Tauck's fault, but I do find it odd that no statement has come directly from Tauck management posted on the travel forum.

When I started reading this Forum over a year ago, it was basically for people to ask questions of travelers about their particular experience on different tours. It was a traveler to traveler discussion. Tauck published their statements on the Homepage as it has with the National Parks Alert. I have noticed recently that many people are expecting Tauck to answer all questions through the Forum. I have always found that the easiest and best way to get answers to particular concerns that I have was to call or email Tauck directly.

I am also sorry that people are missing the experience of visiting the National Parks. Hopefully the Government can get their act together and solve the situation.
  • Options
    Hi All:
    I'm very disappointed also. Due to take the Oct 10th Canyons trip.

However I'm also disappointed with the lack of info from Tauck as to what happens if a trip is cancelled. Other blogs refer to alternate destinations. We chose the canyons trip because we wished to see the - Canyons. We are not interested in other trips. If we were interested in other trips, we would have chosen other trips. DC is DC. This has happened many times in the past 30 years. Usually turns into a Continuing Resolution - Kick the can down the road.
This discussion has been closed.