Welcome to Tauck's Venice & the Dalmatian Coast Forum

Welcome to Tauck's Venice & the Dalmatian Coast Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Welcome to Tauck's Venice & the Dalmatian Coast Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.
    i want some more information on costing for a 14 days trip to the dalmatian coast. We are travelling with kids aged 4 & 2 so we want it to be a leisure and non rushed holiday. could you please let me know more details about this vacation

thanks
  • edited March 2011
    Hi there,

The pricing information for this tour can be found on the Venice & Dalmatian Coast itinerary page. Click here, and scroll down to the daily itinerary. Just above that is a little arrow, labeled "Pricing and Availability." Click on that, and the pricing information will come up.

However, since you're interested in travelling with children, you may want to look at our Tauck Bridges tours; you can find information about them here!

The type of tour you're asking for—a tour of the Dalmatian Coast designed for families—is not something I believe we normally do. I'd like to direct you to our friendly Reservations center, who are more qualified to answer questions about what kinds of tours we offer; you can reach them by calling 800-788-7885.

Hope this helps!

Best,
    Tim
  • Tauck Tim where is all the info for our May 29 cruise? This is getting close since we are leaving in 2 weeks for Italy. Are we having dress up nights...need to get my clothes in shape etc. etc. are there different excursions from which we need to choose for different ports?
  • edited May 2011
    AnnieM wrote:
    Tauck Tim where is all the info for our May 29 cruise? This is getting close since we are leaving in 2 weeks for Italy. Are we having dress up nights...need to get my clothes in shape etc. etc. are there different excursions from which we need to choose for different ports?

Hi Annie!

Most of the clothing information you want is available on the tour itinerary page, down the bottom, in the "Need to Know" sections — specifically, under the "Preparing to Go" section. The Need to Knows are a wealth of information about your trip, and should contain everything you "Need to Know!" :)

I've copied and pasted the clothing section, specifically, at the end of this post.

As for onshore excursions, the tour group will be broken up at times, but it's simply to facilitate the proceedings of the tour; you won't be in danger of missing any major sites the tour mentions, and you will have some time free to explore the cities you visit.

Best,
    Tim

---

Clothing and Packing
    Your journey is designed with leisure in mind. Dress for comfort and convenience with a wardrobe that is adaptable and allows for layering. Many days are spent outside or in transit. Therefore, during the day, casual, comfortable, cotton clothing is recommended. Occasionally cool weather will require warmer, layered clothing. For the captain's welcome party festive attire is appropriate. Please note that swimsuits and shorts are considered unsuitable attire at mealtimes.

Valet laundry and pressing services are available on board the cruise ship and at the Hotel Danieli for a fee; however, there is no dry-cleaning available on board. Hair curling and clothes irons are not permitted on board the cruise ship.

We recommend that you pack an adequate supply of your prescription medication in its original container to last through your entire journey, together with a copy of your doctor’s prescription or a letter from your health-care provider on office stationery explaining that the medication has been prescribed for you, a list of the generic names of your medication, your travel documents and a change of clothing in your carry-on bag to avoid any inconvenience in the event that your flight or luggage is delayed. No medications are sold on board the cruise ship other than those prescribed and stocked by the ship’s physician.

Following is a list of recommended items to pack for a cruise on the Adriatic Sea:
    [*]Casual daytime wear – shorts, slacks, long and short-sleeved shirts
    [*]An optional jacket and tie for men
    [*]Casually elegant evening wear for ladies
    [*]Sunglasses, sunscreen, hat
    [*]Swimwear
    [*]Gym wear
    [*]A light sweater or jacket for higher elevations or a breezy night
    [*]Binoculars (7x50 preferably)
    [*]Insect repellent
    [*]Camera, lenses, batteries, memory cards and/or plenty of film
    [*]Lightweight, comfortable, sturdy walking shoes that have already been broken-in
    [*]Battery-operated travel alarm clock
    [*]Rain poncho and collapsible umbrella
    [*]Zipper-lock bags
    [*]Daypack for camera equipment
    [*]Sundries and toiletries that may be difficult to find en route
    [*]Copies of your travel documents that should be secured in the safe in your ship cabin while traveling.

• KSKS
    edited October 2013

Tim, you copied and pasted the clothing section, specifically, at the end of the prior post.

Tim, big question here. We are doing 3 trips back to back in 2014. One is in Nothern Europe followed by the Dalmation Coast small ship cruising, followed immediately by the Sicily Land Tour.

You say Hair Curlers and dryers (I assume) are not allowed. I will be traveling for better than 6 weeks with one suitcase. Is someone going to take my Hair Curler out of my suitcase on the Dalmation Coast tour????

Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.