Calling Home From India

Hello All,

I don't have a cell phone - I know it sounds crazy but it's true - anyway I do need to call home when I am on my Tauck India tour in December and was wondering what some others might have done who don't have a cell phone? Any time I have traveled to Europe I have purchased phone cards and used them from the hotel phone in my room and found it to be a very easy and inexpensive way to keep in touch with those at home. I'm just not sure if they have phone cards in India to purchase and where do I purchase them? I have contemplated getting some kind of cell phone but I feel a little intimated by what to purchase and not sure how expensive it is to call home with any of the plans out there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - especially if you have used a phone card in India.

Thank you!

Comments

• I'm not sure about phone cards. Likely your best bet is just to call from hotel room and pay the hotel charges for the calls. There are a number of different cell carriers in India, and depending on which city your in the cell phone will pick one or another. Probably not worth getting a cellphone for just this trip unless your having to make many and long calls.

I just got back from the Spotlight tour and it was great. Have a terrific trip - its really great!
This discussion has been closed.