SYDNEY OPERA

I am taking the Aus-NZ trip starting Dec 23, 2013 in Melborne and will be in Sydney Dec 31-Jan 1. We'd like to see a performance at the Sydney Opera House. Is there time for this? Should we order tickets now?

Comments

• We did this trip and there was a free day in Sydney so we were able to get tickets. Check your trip details to see if there is still a free day because sometimes the trips are tweeked a little. We saw South Pacific and it was wonderful with the acoustics there. It was the Lincoln Center production we had already seen but the sound was exceptional, I'll never forget the experience. We got tickets while we were there, but it was almost sold out, you might want to see what's on and call for ticket advice.
  • I did this on my free day and purchased tickets in advance. There is a dinner scheduled for that night and those of us going to the concert went to the dinner the night before. Unless this is something that will be sold out there were people who got tickets on the day we went on out tour of the Opera House and got the tickets at half price. The seats were great right behind the orchestra.
This discussion has been closed.