Options

Australia/NZ Grand Tour - February 3, 2014

We will be going on the Grand Australia/NZ tour beginning February 3, 2014. Is anyone else planning to be on that tour? We plan to arrive in Melbourne about 5 or 6 days early from Tampa, FL.

Comments

• Options
    We are also on this tour and will arrive one night before the tour. We are two senior women from Davis Ca. I am wondering about what to pack and available laundry facilities.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    why did employee get in there? It is supposed to say Davis CA
  • Options
    Sorry about that, duffergal! It looks like the language and content filter on the forum is a bit overactive today. If you email us at esupport@tauck.com, I'll be happy to fix the content filter to remove whatever word is being filtered out accidentally.

-Tim
  • Options
    duffergal wrote:
    We are also on this tour and will arrive one night before the tour. We are two senior women from [Employee Name] Ca. I am wondering about what to pack and available laundry facilities.
    You will have great laundry near hotel in Sydney to drop off There is washer dryer at hotel in cairns too.
    New Zealand had several hotels with washer dryer.

As far as packing depends on when you are going. Many different temps between aus and NZ Plan on layers.
  • Options
    duffergal wrote:
    why did employee get in there? It is supposed to say [Employee Name] CA
    As Tim says, the filter runs amok sometimes! One of my personal favourites was when it edited out my quote of Rhett Butler's famous line …"frankly, my dear, I don't give a ****". Some filters just have no appreciation for a literary quote! ;))

As for what to pack … as Crackers says … layers. You are covering quite a bit of geography in a very short time. In February, prepare for some very hot, dry weather, some hot, steamy weather and probably some rainy weather, too, in the tropical north of Australia. In the South Island of New Zealand, the weather might be changeable, so think of those suggested layers. This is not an African Safari where the badge of a real traveller is the extra layer of dust on your lapel! On this trip you will glimpse the outback and rainforest, reefs and mountains … as well as cities of 4 million plus residents. You will be staying in some very smart and cosmopolitan city hotels as well as some lovely resorts. You might like to pack something suitably smart …? A tiny bit of "resort casual" never goes amiss.

Cheers,

Jan
This discussion has been closed.