Options

October 17th departure

Is anyone on the October 17th departure Australia/New Zealand? Would love to hear from you.

Comments

• Options
    Yes, two here. We are from North Carolina.
  • Options
    Hooray! Two of us, also. We are from Georgia - almost neighbors.
  • Options
    Looking forward to meeting you!

• Options
    Looking forward to meeting you, too. We are arriving in Melbourne on the 16th, flying from Atlanta to San Francisco with a one night layover there, and then Air New Zealand to Melbourne. Any chance you have chosen the same routing?

Ann and John

• Options
    Jasmine, my husband and I are scheduled to go on this trip in 2014. We are also from NC -- in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem area. In what area do you live?
  • Options
    anjoco64 wrote:
    Looking forward to meeting you, too. We are arriving in Melbourne on the 16th, flying from Atlanta to San Francisco with a one night layover there, and then Air New Zealand to Melbourne. Any chance you have chosen the same routing?

Ann and John

Ann and John:

How was the Air New Zealand flight? Were you in business class? We will be making this trip next October 17, and Air New Zealand is who does the companion fares with Amex. I would love to hear about your experience, both on the flight and on the trip.

Rochelle
  • Options
    Hi Rochelle,

Just in case Ann & John aren't checking back here regularly, I can give you my opinion as I've taken the flight from San Francisco to Auckland and on to Melbourne on Air NZ many times.

I've flown Business. The seats are the "pods" that have seats that literally turn over to become a fully flat bed. The food is great and the service is even better! There's a layover of about 2 hours in Auckland, allowing time perhaps for a little duty free shopping … of the kind you can't indulge in on departure because of the liquid security rules. ;) All in all, I've always had a very pleasant flight home on Air NZ.

Cheers,

Jan
This discussion has been closed.