Options

Roll Call - Amsterdam to Budapest 6th September

I realise it's a bit early to be starting a roll call for this "Adventure of a Lifetime" but I wanted to revive a little of what was on the old board. Now I know from the old forum that Julie and Dan will be joining us and I believe HollieW as well. Who else will be joining a couple of Aussies looking to see Europe for the first time.

If you want to touch base drop us an email at rodmky@optusnet.com.au

Rod

Comments

• Options
    Julie and Dan checking in!! We will be joining the Aussies on the Sept. 6th river cruise from Amsterdam to Budapest. We live in Colorado and look forward to meeting all our shipmates!!
  • Options
    When you've still got just short of 5 months still to go until your "Adventure of a Lifetime" kicks off you tend to read and re-read all you can about what you might expect on the holiday. As part of that I was re-reading the itinerary for the trip when I noticed by chance that we were now to travel on the brand new MS Treasures. When I booked this great holiday over 7 months ago we were informed we would be on the MS Swiss Sapphire. Now to be honest it doesn't matter what ship is allocated to this run because they are all magnificent but to travel on the new ship in her first year would be really nice.

Can any Tauck staff member confirm what ship will be on the 6th September run to Budapest?
  • Options
    OzJohnno wrote:
    Can any Tauck staff member confirm what ship will be on the 6th September run to Budapest?

Hi!

I checked; you're definitely on the MS Treasures on the Sept 6th departure!

Best,
    Tim
  • Options
    That's great news Tim. By my reckoning, and I've wrong many times, it appears that after her launch and christening in August we look like being on her maiden voyage. Now that's something to write about. Anyone else out there joining the Aussies and the Coloradians on this historic event. Now I know there are as the web site is showing the cruise is booked out. Add you names to the short list and we'll guarantee an authentic Aussie "G'day" when we meet.
  • Options
    Just a refresher post with now less than 4 monts to go. Surely there must be someone else who has booked this wonderful trip. Just add your name and you're guaranteed I'll have the first shout.
  • Options
    It's time to do another update. With only 3 months to go I'm still looking for others that are going on this Adventure to come onboard this thread and say hello. My email address is in the first post and I'd really like to hear from you. Indications are that this cruise is booked out on the brand new MS Treasures. C'Mon Cobbers I'll even talk Australian for you ...:)
  • Options
    Other than Julie and Dan maybe this cruise has been booked by 100 Nth Americans and they already know each other so they don't have to post. Maybe we're the "Token Australians"..... ... Either way we'd love to hear from anyone else travelling with us.
  • Options
    Holly and Steve will also be joining us on this cruise that now means will have four new friends to help us celebrate our trip of a lifetime. If you're booked on this cruise, the maiden voyage of MS Treasure, then please add your names to the list.
  • Options
    Charlie and Deb from Sedona, AZ are scheduled on the Sept. 6 Grand European so it seems we will be traveling with y'all as the first segment as our voyage is on the new ship Treasures as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
  • Options
    Bill and Betsy from Gilbert, AZ (outside Phoenix)will be joining the Amsterdam departure on Sept.6th. We will be flying in the day before with hopes of visiting the Anne Franck museum. This is our fourth Tauck trip, the first on a Riverboat, and expect it to be as great as the others. We have always found Tauck travelers to be great companions on our travels. It is good to read that the Sofitel makes some provision for us early arrivers. We look forward to meeting lots of "new friends".
  • Options
    Hi Betsy,

If you go on line to the Ann Frank website, you can order tickets and don't have to wait in long lines.

Sheila
  • Options
    It's great that we'll meet and make so many new friends. I'm glad I started this thread. Looking forward to meeting you all for a quiet drink on day one.

Rod
  • Options
    Sally and Cliff from Naples FL will be on this trip arriving a day early. This is our second Tauck but first river cruise with them. Did Paris to Med. Sea and LOVED it, so expect this will be equally as good. Looking forward to meeting all and having a great time. We will be with three friends from Rhode Island, our former home. I'm taking notes on names!
  • Options
    Is there such a thing as a "quiet drink"?
This discussion has been closed.