Options

China (westbound) 20Sept2011

(1) Has anyone signed up for the China, Yangtze River & Hong Kong (westbound), date 20 Sept 2011? I will be there day earlier and anxious communicate with anyone going at that time. (2) Also, anyone who has been there, give me any hints I should know. Thank you, MLBH

Comments

• Options
    Dear MLBH,

I just took my first Tauck tour a few weeks ago. My husband and I did the China Yangtze Eastbound, so it was yours in reverse order. We began in Beijing and ended in Hong Kong. We were thrilled with every aspect and are now firmly SOLD on Tauck. It was an unforgettable experience which you will greatly enjoy. Unfortunately due to weather conditions in the spring, we lost one day of movement on the river due to extremely heavy fog. I imagine you will not encounter that in September and will see more of the Three Gorges area than we did. The food was great, the sites were well chosen and our fellow travelers were delightful. The hotels were top notch and left no room for criticism. It was our first visit to China but I am hoping it will not be our last! It is an amazing country which is developing rapidly. The people were fascinating, curious and welcoming. I hope this whets your appetite - you'll have a great time. Travel safely.
  • Options
    MLBH
    My wife and I are taking this trip and will arrive in Hong Kong at 4:30 PM on Sep 19th. This will be our 4th Tauck tour, the 3rd this year. I had a colleague take this trip about a year ago and he thought it was great. We'll see you there.
    Bill & Lurlene Brown
  • Options
    DHSDHS
    edited July 2011
    Hi- I signed up for the trip to China, Yangtze River & Hong Kong (westbound), date September 6 TO: 22,2011.
    I will be there day earlier as well and would also like to communicate with anyone going at that time. Thanks- DHS

• Options
    We are also on the Sept. 20 westbound trip, arriving at 1:15pm on Monday, Sept. 19. Bill and Alice Kirk, whkirk2@charter.net
  • Options
    I also will be arriving 19 Aug; however, not till 7:05pm. Hopefully see Bill & Lurene Brown and Bill & Alice Kirk that evening or maybe breakfast!! Mary Haller

I too am confused about the luggage; however, I do try and go light..
This discussion has been closed.