Options

Welcome to Tauck’s China, the Yangtze River & Hong Kong Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s China, the Yangtze River & Hong Kong Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• Options
    My wife and I are on the Sept.20 westbound tour. I've seen a number of comments regarding enforcement of the 44# weight limit on in-country flights. Some have said that since Tauck handles the luggage, this limit is not enforced. Can you clarify the requirements based on Tauck experience?
  • Options
    Bill Kirk wrote:
    My wife and I are on the Sept.20 westbound tour. I've seen a number of comments regarding enforcement of the 44# weight limit on in-country flights. Some have said that since Tauck handles the luggage, this limit is not enforced. Can you clarify the requirements based on Tauck experience?

You are correct about the weight limit on luggage. I went last September on this trip with Tauck and at that time there was no weight limit on in-country flights. Also it did not seem to matter if you had one piece of luggage or two.
  • Options
    Welcome to Tauck’s China, the Yangtze River & Hong Kong Forum - Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

More on luggage:

Can you/anyone comment on limitations for "carry-on" bags? My husband and I are on the Sept. 22 Eastbound trip. I'd like to bring a small rolling carry on (13x18x8.25) and my husband will have an over the shoulder carry-on. The roller is wonderful for airports and can roll my husband's carry case as well. For day trips, I plan to pack a small nylon backpack and would not bring the roller. However, I assume there are days when we will need to take all of our luggage on the motor coach. On those days, would I be able to have the roller stored in the motor coach baggage area with my regular sized bag? It's unlikely to fit inside the motor coach (overhead bin/under the seat). Do you have any comments about a small roller otherwise?

Also, my husband prefers a 21x11x10 size carry-on which is OK for planes but, by Tauck recommendations, will also be too big for the motor coach. Would he be better off with a smaller (e.g.,16x13x9) carry bag? Is that what we both really should have?

Thank you for any thoughts/suggestions.
This discussion has been closed.