Welcome to Tauck’s Israel and Jordan Forum

Welcome to Tauck’s Israel and Jordan Forum- Find the answers to your trip questions, answer questions posted by fellow travelers, plus share your Tauck experiences and stories. Stop by often and join in on the discussions.

Comments

• edited March 2011
    It saddens me that all the posts have been removed due to a new format. I am taking this trip soon and was hoping to refer to some old posts. Valuable information has been lost across all of the boards, and I think it is going to take a long time to build the boards back up to what they were before.
  • I agree roz. We are also taking this trip next month and I can't wait. I'm glad I copied and pasted some of what was posted before.
  • We are on the April 28 trip. When are you traveling?
  • We are right after you....on the May 3 trip. However we are arriving two days early so we will be in Tel Aviv on May 1.
  • Hi Roz --

After getting the heads up on Tauck's Facebook page that the old posts would all be lost when the old forum was replaced -- I copied and pasted a lot of information on trips we are thinking about and some we have already taken. If you would like me to send you a copy for Israel and Jordan -- email me at shankrj@aol.com
  • Judy is a wealth of information on this trip.
    Thanks for all your help Judy!!!!
  • We are going on the April 26th tour. I would like to know if a jacket is "required". I have been on 4 Tauck tours and the only time jackets were worn was for the begining cocktail and farewell dinner. Even then some men did not wear a jacket. It seems they are getting less "formal" as the years go by.
  • Al, We are going on the April 28 tour. My husband is not bringing a jacket as we were told only a few men wore them. I guess we'll be 2 days behind you all the way! Have fun.
  • I don't think there was even one man in a jacket at our Welcome Dinner last May. In terms of clothing -- this was far and away the most casual Tauck tour we have taken. Israel is a very casual country dress-wise.
  • Hi,
    My spouse and I are on the May 3rd trip. Anyone else going then? I'd love to make contact ahead of time.

We live in Brookline, MA and on Cape Cod. My e-mail is newtonjane@aol.com.
    Love to hear from fellow travelers.
    Jane Scarborough
  • We are ahead of you by one week. I am starting to get concerned with the new reports of missiles again being launched. I guess Tauck will keep us informed if there is a problem.
  • newtonjane wrote:
    Hi,
    My spouse and I are on the May 3rd trip. Anyone else going then? I'd love to make contact ahead of time.

We live in Brookline, MA and on Cape Cod. My e-mail is newtonjane@aol.com.
    Love to hear from fellow travelers.
    Jane Scarborough

My sister and I will be on the May 3 trip also.
    As for the recent missle strikes...they were in the Gaza area and our trip will not really be in that area. It is usually advised that visitors stay away from Gaza.
This discussion has been closed.