Visas and Shots

Does anyone know What is the story with visas for Vietnam and Cambodia. I understand that those of you in the US can get them through Tauck connections. As I am in Canada I looked online. It says that you can apply for the visas online and then get the stamp at the airport. So, I'm unsure why the Tauck connected agency asks to send passports to them and pay about four times the price. Does anyone know the answer, I'm confused. If I don't have to mail my passport I would be much happier as I travel on busess a lot and need my passport.

On a totally different topic. Does anyone know what shots are required or suggested for the trip?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Looking forward to our fifth Tauck trip in December.

Comments

• Hi,

We took this wonderful tour several years ago and there weren't any shots needed. I strongly suggest you have a Hep A innoculation if you haven't done so before this. We also always take an antibiotic and pills for stomach distress and don't forget Deet. We used it along with long sleeve shirts and long pants for Cambodia since there is standing water near the ancient sights. My DH loves the pants with zippers that become shorts.

Sheila
  • JonathanB wrote:
    Does anyone know What is the story with visas for Vietnam and Cambodia. I understand that those of you in the US can get them through Tauck connections. As I am in Canada I looked online. It says that you can apply for the visas online and then get the stamp at the airport. So, I'm unsure why the Tauck connected agency asks to send passports to them and pay about four times the price. Does anyone know the answer, I'm confused. If I don't have to mail my passport I would be much happier as I travel on busess a lot and need my passport.

On a totally different topic. Does anyone know what shots are required or suggested for the trip?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Looking forward to our fifth Tauck trip in December.
  • did anyone ever answer the question about visa's
This discussion has been closed.