September 24th trip to America's Canyonlands

Hi Tom and Kathy - My husband, Bill, and I are leaving on our first Tauck Tour on September 24th to America's Canyonlands. We are very excited about all we've heard and read, after actually knowing Dan and Kiki Maher. We were trying to decide on clothing after what we'd read in the Tauck information packet. What type of jackets/rain wear/coats would you recommend? Also, will we need anything for evening wear that's dressier than "casual"??
We were contemplating whether to do the Monument Valley trip too.
And, had also read about those who had done the mule ride.
Any help you can share w/us from your own personal experiences would be appreciated! :)

Comments

• Hi Sandy, I have posted quite a bit regarding the trip. I am sure it will be cooler than when I went in Aug. Take a rain jacket and sweater or sweatshirt. It was so hot when I was on the trip we all wore shorts or capris. Nothing fancy for dinners. In Vegas most everyone dressed up a little but still casual. I wish I had taken my beaded shirt rather than a dress for Vegas. No one did the mule ride but some went horseback riding at Bryce. I would check the temps in the parks the week before you leave which will give you some guidance as what to take. Tauck is wonderful!!! I hope the weather is good because it is an outdoor trip as I have said. Enjoy!!
This discussion has been closed.